Forum upgrades: work in progress/to-do list

michaelp wrote:
    Unfortunately this limits it to only US youtube.
    Which, as I explained above, is the exact reason I used the other bbcode as a universal solution. If people would prefer I can change it, but I wanted it to be open for posting from non-US youtube URL's.

?

[quote]Jason84NA2T wrote:
    Originally posted by michaelp
    Unfortunately this limits it to only US youtube.
    Which, as I explained above, is the exact reason I used the other bbcode as a universal solution. If people would prefer I can change it, but I wanted it to be open for posting from non-US youtube URL's.

?
    EXACTLY. I posted step by step how to retrieve the proper piece of the URL easily, dont understand how its so hard. Its selecting part of a URL and pasting it.
    - VG30DET (HE341) 86 300ZX - 1982 280ZX Turbo - Headered NA 1986 300ZX 2+2 - 2000 Xterra -

[youtube:2ufj47yd]IgUrYaTxCwY[/youtube:2ufj47yd]

Lol, this was too easy. I had to see what everyone was saying was so difficult. I don't see what's difficult or complicating about this. :quoi
    Mil novecientos ochenta y cinco - Trescientos Zeta Equis TURBO

No one said difficult, just that it could be simpler and more intuitive. Not everyone knows alot about computers and coding. I agree it is easy once you know what to do. I for one had no clue until Mikep showed me. 99% of sites out there you can just copy the url or put in the embed code that youtube gives you, bam you have video. Maybe a sticky or announcement should be made so that others or new members know how it is done.
    Hmmm, Whats next?
    Full Size Bronco, smashing shit.

84ZXT

This way adds several steps.

Instead of copy and pasting the url like you would for any other site, you have to click share, copy PART of the link, click youtube, and paste the partial link.

It would keep people from posting embedded videos all willy nilly due to not knowing how to do it.

300cars wrote: This way adds several steps.

Instead of copy and pasting the url like you would for any other site, you have to click share, copy PART of the link, click youtube, and paste the partial link.

It would keep people from posting embedded videos all willy nilly due to not knowing how to do it.
    Also keeps spammers from posting videos as easily.

Valid point, We should have a sticky on how to post embedded videos. On it.

Just wondering what are all our new options for add-ons now?
    Hmmm, Whats next?

84ZXT

shromy wrote: Just wondering what are all our new options for add-ons now?
    Essentially, we could vote to add any official phpbb3 mod. http://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/modif … f5a58aa37d

I was hoping to eventually add two things. The first is the garage app (something we were playing with back when it was still beta) and the second is user-configurable photo galleries tied to their usernames.

Wow. I knew there where options but, Dannng.

Quick reply, a rep system/i trader, anti double post, donations, would be cool to start. In due time of course.
    Hmmm, Whats next?

84ZXT

It was noted in another thread that view active topics is not working for some… is this just a select few or what? Only thing that comes up is the calendar for me…
    Daily:
    09 2.5SL Altima Grey
    08 4.0SE Pathfinder 4x4 Grey
    11 Ducati Diavel Carbon Red
    Z31s:
    88t Grey
    86t Pewter

Is there an option for, don't know what it's called, but it's a box next to a quote that when clicked directs you back to the original post.

See the little blue square next to the screen name in the quote?

Most vbulletin admins just call it "viewpost.gif" in my experience, I don't think it has a formal name.
    1985 NA2T(now RB) * 1988 SS x2 * 1984 AE x3 * 2006 350Z

Is anyone else having some problems with mobile browsing?

My only problem so far is when I am writing a post. I can't scroll at all, it just automatically puts the text field in the top left hand corner.

Just tested, works fine for me on an Atrix.
    1985 NA2T(now RB) * 1988 SS x2 * 1984 AE x3 * 2006 350Z

OK85ZX wrote: Just tested, works fine for me on an Atrix.
    +1 on ATRIX as well

1988 300zxt. gt35, stance, etc. Wheels: Varrstoen ES2 18x9.5 et-13 225/40. 18x10.5 et0 245/40
    1990 jetta vr6'd