2013 South Sound Summer Jam (WA)

• 2013 South Sound Summer Jam (WA)

Event page is here: https://www.facebook.com/events/153341938159978/

This is a charity car show being put on by Russell Moore. Russell is the head guy at Nissanparts.cc, and is holding this car show to raise money and awareness for the National Downs Syndrome Society (his son was born with Downs). The turnout has always been quite large when it was just a Nissan and Mitsubishi show at the dealership he works at. Now that it's been moved to a much larger venue and opened up to all makes and models, it should be even bigger and better this year.

Info from the event page:

On November 29th, 2012 my wife gave birth to our third boy. Our lives were forever changed when we learned he had Down Syndrome. Thanks to our son we have become so much more aware of something we previously knew nothing about. By putting on this event I am hoping to bring awareness to the community and raise money for the NDSS (National Down Syndrome Society) and South Puget Sound Up with Down Syndrome.

We would like to introduce you to the first Annual "South Sound Summer Jam". With the success of our previous events hosted in Olympia, WA (Nissan & Mitsubishi Meet & Show) over the last three years we are ready to take the next step. For 2013 we are hosting the event at South Sound Speedway in Rochester, WA. With the change of venue we are able to introduce you to a much larger facility, along with the addition of a race track. These additions have allowed us to open our car show all makes and models. The addition of a race track has allowed us to create the South Sound's first drift competition. The South Sound Speedstars Invitational will be a friendly team tandem drift competition involving some of the best drivers in the northwest.

86T GLL

Sounds like a good event. I'd be interested, but can't do it that weekend.

I think I can make that one, maybe we can hook up near I-5 here in Tacoma for the ride to Rochester.

1988 300ZX Turbo, Shiro Special #760
    1988 300ZX Turbo Automatic (wife's car)
    1991 Hard-body 2WD

http://zccw.org/zccw/?page_id=1215