Editing and deleting posts.

• Editing and deleting posts.

At one point I was able to edit my posts but not delete.
    Now, I can do neither. What am I missing? Is there a setting for this?

Gone I am afraid
    DD:
    86 Black Turbo 5spd
    The Fallen:
    84 red n/a auto Slicktop, 86 Black 2+2 n/a 5spd
    Parting Currently:
    86 White Turbo 5spd, 88 n/a 5spd, 84 AE, 88 Shiro #64
    Garage Sale

Now I believe there is a timeout on how long you can edit a post. I wish they would fix that for the FS forum though, as it was so nice to be able to manage on thread before and now you have to start a new one when you change stuff, or no one will see the items later in the thread.
    88SS - #300 - http://z31performance.com/showthread.php?18360

Another member asked me this recently and the option was removed so that items listed could be tracked.

I'm speculating that It's possible, that at one time someone had listed items for sale and then the ad was
    edited later, theoretically defrauding a buyer or potential buyers.

84 AE/Shiro #683/Shiro #820/84 Turbo

We should at least allow topic edits… especially when it's one of those descriptive titles :P

I just wish we could edit the title of our build threads. Keeps em fresh.
    88SS - #300 - http://z31performance.com/showthread.php?18360

I will be doing light maintenance this weekend.

I will add permissions to allow editing of Member Rides and For Sale items.

Disregard
    Originally posted by adamvann3
    Hmm I normally jack off my rear x-member.

Did this ever get fixed? I still have no option to edit for sale threads or my build thread.
    5.3 LSx Z31

Did they ever fix this?? I can't edit my main for sale topic for items i'm adding and that are sold.

1988 570zx SS Edition

Originally posted by Neil86t
    Just get a slick paint job like mine and its all good. I had a girl that said she wanted to lick my car. She ended up licking my sack…end of story. Bitch ain't gonna lick my car.

Z_Karma;331315 wrote: Another member asked me this recently and the option was removed so that items listed could be tracked.

I'm speculating that It's possible, that at one time someone had listed items for sale and then the ad was
    edited later, theoretically defrauding a buyer or potential buyers.
    Yup. This. But the original ad was found on another site in tact to clear up the confusion.

So I can edit recent posts, are we not allowed to edit the title in the first post of our builds. I'm stuck with a title talking about a paint job 4 pages back.
    Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead.

Update on this issue.

There is an authentication problem on the backend that is NOT allowing this to take place even though I have set the policies to allow this.

The fix for this is to either re-install VBulletin all together or upgrade to the latest version of 5.x.
    There is a plan for this, but I am working out a schedule with Zach.

I will let all know when we do the major upgrade.

Thanks
    Alex