Removing the Speed Governor from an 84 50th AE?

Coilovers are becoming more and more popular but are not exactly a direct bolt in, but just using upgraded springs (suspension techniques/eibach/Z3R's), upgrade the shocks (Koni/Illuminas/Bilsteins) and poly bushings throughout is what most people do. It will make for a stiff ride though, I'd recommend stiffer sway bars rather than springs so it'll be similar handling but a softer ride. Z31parts.com is awesome, for clutch there are a few options but a recent favorite is south bend clutch. EP racing has tons of possibilities if you are willing to pay, Also more common lately is the VG33ET, that should be be a good start to get you going, as you get going I'm sure you'll have questions. Brake upgrade would be something I'd suggest as well, but search around the fourms here and you'll find PLENTY.

Yeah man, I've been reading around quite a bit the past few days. I'll just need to determine what exactly i want to do first, and then just go with it. The main thing for me right now is money, haha. Once i get some cash i can really start building into the car.

2001 Mazda Miata LS
    also a 1989 Nissan 240SX

50th AE Build Thread SOLD 2015

well....that's most of us. I've got my builds decided for the most part but money is always the problem, it's the common Z31 owner curse.

ZFast88Z wrote:
    Cut the purple wire, and put it on a switch. Preferably the horn button on your steering wheel. Dont forget to scream NAWWWWZZZZZ when you push it.
    :mdr
    Shiro #93
    Mods: A/C Removal, Custom Lightweight W-series crank pulley, K&N Air Filter, Electric Fan, EGR/AIV/CC removal

I fear the worst for your 50th :-(

A race against your buddy isn't worth your life. Doing that speed, on or off the track, without at least a helmet in a 1984 300zx on Mcphearsons, is a recipe for disaster.

Oh we weren't racing, it was in July on the way to Import Alliance held at Nashville Superspeedway. My buddy in his Z28 sped up to catch this mustang in front and they started pulling away so i wanted to stay with em. I'm not racing or anything for now, I wanna get stuff replaced first. I'm also in the process of purchasing an S13 shell to use as a drift car, but yeah.

2001 Mazda Miata LS
    also a 1989 Nissan 240SX

50th AE Build Thread SOLD 2015

MAD TYTE Y0!

1985 Nissan 300ZX 2+2- My first Z, back in the family
    1987 Nissan 300ZX Turbo RIP 4/87 - 4/28/2011
    Under Construction: 1986 Nissan 300ZX NA2T Slicktop
    Originally posted by Tempestas
    Well, one of the t-tops wasn't latched real well… God only knows where that t-top flew off to at 150+ mph. Didn't scratch the car or anything, just a boom and it was gone. I sure as hell didn't stop to see where it went. I didn't see any stories on the news… so that's a plus.