Rear Shocks - Reaching one upper mount nut/failing hard @

• Rear Shocks - Reaching one upper mount nut/failing hard @

I tried replacing my rear shocks today. Got as far as removing the lower 17mm bolt and corresponding bolt, jacking up the bottom shock bracket and removing two of the three upper mount nuts. Gave up on the third one out of frustration.

I've tried using a swivel, even two swivels in tandem with various sized extensions. I'm not a pro at leveraging with those swivel things, mind you.

I need some serious tippage, otherwise I'm gonna have to be content with the feel of a 70's Cadillac Brougham.
    Thanks,
    monkbonk

Get a short 14mm socket and put it on a flexible head 3/8" ratchet. Boom, Done....

1986 300ZX Turbo…sold
    1990 Skyline GT-R…new money pit
    2014 Juke Nismo RS 6-speed…daily

I was able to get a stubby ratchet wrench in there. Just be sure to wrap something around your wrist, those speaker mounts are sharp
    86na - BlueZ
    Shiro #366 - Kouki Monster
    85t - Mr Tickles

if all else fails remove the speaker mount.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a mans character make him a moderator.

^ better then possibly rounding off the bolt if you don't have a good angle on it.

Thanks. I'll put these ideas to use. Don't have any of those tools, but I'll price check them at the auto parts tommorrow (buying brake rotors :-( )
    Thanks,
    monkbonk

Take speaker mount off.
    The bullshit stops, when the GREEN light drops.

Only babies cry about the bottle.

I got a stuby ratchet in there, but the movment was very little, it took a while.
    My Build Thread

I use a stepped drill bit and drill a hole right above the last nut just larger than the diameter of a 3/8" extension. Hold the socket below the hole, push extension through into the socket, insert socket onto said nut, remove like a gentleman, repeat, profit.

Edit: reason for this is not more stripped nuts and no more bloody sliced hands.