vg30e to vg30et

• vg30e to vg30et

Ok, so im sure this has been covered multiple times and i've done research and read redz31's info on it, but im still a bit confused. Im putting an 84t motor in my 86 n/a 5 spd and was wondering what ECU would be best to run with this setup? Knowing the oxygen sensors are different and what not..
    Thanks a lot

'86 NA2T: Cone filter, 3 in. turbo back, poly engine mounts, stock t3, tokico 5-ways, rattle canned engine bay, etc etc

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I may keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride! - Amen!!!!"

run the turbo ecu… you dont need a O2 sensor to have the car run

Just match the injectors to the ECU.

1986 300ZX Turbo…sold
    1990 Skyline GT-R…new money pit
    2014 Juke Nismo RS 6-speed…daily

I wasnt able to get the 84t ECU from the other car. So, can I use any 84-87 turbo 5 spd ECU since they are all low impedance?
    Again thanks a lot for the help.

'86 NA2T: Cone filter, 3 in. turbo back, poly engine mounts, stock t3, tokico 5-ways, rattle canned engine bay, etc etc

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I may keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride! - Amen!!!!"

zlover23 wrote: I wasnt able to get the 84t ECU from the other car. So, can I use any 84-87 turbo 5 spd ECU since they are all low impedance?
    Again thanks a lot for the help.
    Yes, but you cant use the o2 sensor from an 84-85 on an 86-87, and vice versa. But o2 sensors are useless.
    - VG30DET (HE341) 86 300ZX - 1982 280ZX Turbo - Headered NA 1986 300ZX 2+2 - 2000 Xterra -

Alright thanks a lot. Sorry for all the questions, but I can use my 86 na engine wiring harness with the 84t engine right?

zlover23 wrote: Alright thanks a lot. Sorry for all the questions, but I can use my 86 na engine wiring harness with the 84t engine right?
    Yes you can use your stock harness but if you plan on using turbo idle controls then you're gonna need to wire the connection differently.