What should I be taking from the parts car.

• What should I be taking from the parts car.

I have an '87 2+0 non turbo parts car that I jacked the trans out of but what other parts should I keep?
    Engine has 200k miles (ran like absolute crap before I tore it apart)
    Grabbed valve covers and intake manifold.
    Selling the interior and body.

My car is an '86 2+2 Turbo.
    Also need a 2+2 FS5W71C drive shaft.
    1986 300ZX factory Turbo 2+2 5 speed swap. 1985 Toyota MR2. Floor boards gone. Good fabrication practice.

I save almost everything unless I have to many of them already. When I'm done, its just a bare shell that goes to the scrapyard. If you have the space and are into selling parts take everything. Seems like once in a while I get lazy and leave stuff on the shell and I get a call a few day or weeks later looking for those same parts. I sell many more part on Craigslist than I sell on Z31P so I get a lot of calls for stuff.

1988 300ZX Turbo, Shiro Special #760
    1988 300ZX Turbo Automatic (wife's car)
    1991 Hard-body 2WD

http://zccw.org/zccw/?page_id=1215

Keep the struts if you plan to do coils any time soon. I'd take all of the calipers also - my beater Zs always seem to come with leaking fronts and stuck rears.

Distributor, MAF, and EFI harness are usually pretty easy to sell.
    5.3 LSx Z31

It still needs to be wheeled around until a truck can come get it, but what's different about the '87 struts compared to the '86?
    1986 300ZX factory Turbo 2+2 5 speed swap. 1985 Toyota MR2. Floor boards gone. Good fabrication practice.

Nothing really, it would be nice to have spares to send out for welding to minimize downtime. If you don't want coils, then there's not much point in saving them.
    5.3 LSx Z31

rear sway is bigger isn't it? and I believe the front sway is thicker to.
    My Build Thread

Keep the full driveline, suspension,cross members, tension rods ect.

its handy to have parts spare so you can clean them up, fit poly or whatever and do direct swaps and have no downtime
    85 Turbo Slick Top
    __________________________________________________ _____

I'd take the front end but the kid drove it into a pole. Bumper is mangled and the hood is tweaked. Headlights are fine. Ill probably grab the headlights. Unfortunately its a 2 seater and my car is a 2+2.