Good quality aftermarket stero harness and stereo plate

• Good quality aftermarket stero harness and stereo plate

Hey everyone!
    Was just wondering if anyone could suggest a decent quality aftermarket stereo harness and stereo plate surround. I see one's on like Ebay and stuff but I can't imagine they are that great of quality. Links or suggestions are greatly appreciated!

I *just* did this lol.

For a faceplate, if you want visual quality you're probably out of luck. The Metra one I installed the other day needed to be trimmed about 1/4" on one side to fit properly and, welp, you pay $10 for a piece of black plastic and it sure looks like it. I'm gonna veneer it or something over the winter. Zstore sells these under accessories or you can ebay it.

As for a harness, almost any aftermarket head is going to come with a pigtail and you can either buy connectors or solder. That will get your front speakers running off the head. There is no wiring solution to get all four speakers running that doesn't involve pulling the passenger seat and carpet and probably installing an aftermarket amp unless you want to macgyver a 5-pin DIN to 2xRCA adapter.

Just carbon fiber the faceplate. Doesn't look cheap anymore.

Restore it, Don't crush it. They don't make them like this anymore.

Scott
    85 Turbo, original owner, restored
    93 NA Babied

Crutchfield has plates and harnesses for all models and the plate I got for my 86t looked great better than stock. They cost a little more but are well worth it. If you buy a head unit from them they include these for FREE.
    86 Turbo
    86 na slick top
    88 na BLACK
    Pics: http://flic.kr/s/aHsjuDDqw7

Oh and about frozenz's statement. There are aftermarket harnesses available for ALL models whether you had the factory amp or not. It may be a inconvenience to remove the passenger seat for models that had the factory amp. Crutchfield has the right ones so you dont have to cut of solder anything. Would you really cut and solder when you can plug and play.
    86 Turbo
    86 na slick top
    88 na BLACK
    Pics: http://flic.kr/s/aHsjuDDqw7