Old vs. new hose clamps?

• Old vs. new hose clamps?

Just wondered what the consensus is on re-using the stock clamps that have the thin parallel "wire hoop" design vs. using conventional worm gear clamps with flat metal bands … I've replaced fuel hose clamps with new worm gear clamps, but just pulled off several on the radiator and other water hoses, and figured I'd save a buck if there's a good record of being able to re-use them. They seem durable in spite of their age, but I wondered what folks smarter than me thought about it… what say you?
    '86 NA - original owner (1986-93) and final owner (2005-present)

My build thread: http://z31performance.com/showthread…-Got-mine-back

The wire style ones will bite into cheap hose, but they apply even pressure… a good worm type (large) or t-bolt (small) is fine too in the majority of cases, use your discretion

My luck with reusing the spring type clamps and old hoses is fairly decent the catch is that you have to put the clamp back in its ORIGINAL position on the hose it came from.

I've shredded more that an few hoses using the conventional screw type clamp trying to get it tight. That being said I probably use them the majority of the time because of availability.

The T-bolt style I only use on fuel hoses and intercooler piping just because its harder to make it chew up a hose.
    Life's short
    Go fast
    Have a blast
    Leave a good looking corpse

Ditto. I recondition and reuse the OEM wire hose clamps when and where i can.
    I do prefer the newer ones that have the #2phillips/8mm hexhead as opposed to the older ones that just have the #2 phillips head.

84 AE/Shiro #683/Shiro #820/84 Turbo

I wouldn't use the worm gear type clamp for your fuel system they have a tendency to loosen up. You should use an actual fuel hose clamp for fuel.