Prothane Tension Rod Bushings

• Prothane Tension Rod Bushings

I recently ordered up a set of Prothane TC rod bushings for my 89. I only received a mailer box with the bare bushings in it. No box from the manufacturer, and no grease. I'm going off of this install, http://www.pdm-racing.com/installs/i…odbushing.html, which makes me think I need the grease. To confirm I called Prothane, but they couldn't tell me if I need grease or not unless I had the part number of the bushings. I don't have that because I don't have the box the bushings came in. And their website does not list that they have 300ZX Tension Rod bushings.

I'm at the "what the hell" point here. Has anyone installed these? Did you get grease with them?

I got grease with all my prothane stuff, but it still squeaked like hell. The second set I put in I used bearing grease and they went in much easier and didn't squeak, either.
    Typical Red 1987 Z31 Jan.87.
    In process of NA2T Conversion

87 NA Build

Prothane has them listed as strut rod bushings. And I also received grease with all of my bushings, but I bought the entire kit. I have an extra tube if you want it.

This is a good reason to buy them from ASCO instead.

1988 300ZX Turbo, Shiro Special #760
    1988 300ZX Turbo Automatic (wife's car)
    1991 Hard-body 2WD

http://zccw.org/zccw/?page_id=1215

Reddzx, i did buy them from asco. Used their online form to submit a question but no response yet.

NuCOTech,
    That would make the Prothane part number 14-1204 then. Their instructions for strut rod bushings do not mention using grease. I would love to have the extra tube just in case, PM me about it.

Wow, that's interesting…

Yeah you should have gotten grease with it. It's the same grease that comes with all of the other bushings that go on moving parts in the z31. It's the standard prothane grease for their polyurethane parts from what I remember.

1988 300zxt. gt35, stance, etc. Wheels: Varrstoen ES2 18x9.5 et-13 225/40. 18x10.5 et0 245/40
    1990 jetta vr6'd

The Prothane and Energy Suspension grease is the same white silicone grease used for brake caliper slide pins and such.

1986 300ZX Turbo…sold
    1990 Skyline GT-R…new money pit
    2014 Juke Nismo RS 6-speed…daily