Intercooler pipe/Blow thru maf pipe size question.

• Intercooler pipe/Blow thru maf pipe size question.

I couldn't find the exact answer I was looking for. I guess I need someone with more technical/air volume-velocity knowledge. Basically, I'm running an hx35 with 2.5 intercooler piping. My question is since I'm running my MAF as a blow-thru, when I go up to the 3" coupler for the MAF, is it best to just stay 3" to the TB, or should I reduce the pipe back down to 2.5"? The MAF will be placed where the clutch fan used to be (not on the pulley, but for location reference) and I'll be using an z31 asco gutted plenum.

Can't exactly answer this one for you but I can show you how my shop set mine up.
    [img]br /
    [/img]
    Running a T04 60mm turbo with 2.5" intercooler piping the entire way around. Blow thru on a z32 n62 maf with an aluminum housing. They upsized to 3" and downsized back to 2.5" to the tb. Im also running an ASCO gutted plenum with a spacer and 60mm ka24 throttle body. If you can fit 3" from MAF to TB i'd say go for it. Was a little tight for my application so I couldn't. But the guys who routed and welded my pipes make 1000+ hp supras so I like to think they know what they're doing
    You can polish a turd....but in the end, it's still a piece of shit

I went 2.5" on the hot side to the inter cooler and 2.75 on the cold side to the MAF, from the MAF it stays at 3" for a short section to the Throttle body. All of my piping was designed with as few bends as i could do in the space available.
    85 Turbo Slick Top
    __________________________________________________ _____

Thanks for the responses. That gives me two really good options to go with. ccm797, where did you get that aluminum housing?

You can find them on Ebay, just have to search for a housing for the Z32 MAF. I have the same one on mine. FWIW, my piping is 2.5" from end to end including the intercooler, except for at the MAF housing, which is 3" and just has adapters on each side to go back to 2.5"
    Prius… because Pretentious wouldn't fit across the back of the car…

Cheap, Fast, Reliable - pick any two

My 1986 Turbo Build

Awesome, Thanks!