help getting heat with a seized compressor

• help getting heat with a seized compressor

So, I'm about to drive the 80 from SF to Cleveland in my 1985 300ZX non-turbo manual digital dash, I have the digital climate too control and I don't really understand how to use it, and my compressor died a couple weeks ago and I don't have the money to fix it.

Previously in this car, if I needed heat, there are 4 options: AC, Econo, Demist, Defrost. Maybe Econo doesn't run the compressor? Since my car stalled out on a highway with smoke coming out the front as I pulled over, and I investigated and discovered that bearings or something had been shredded inside there and molten little scraps of them were oozing out the front of the compressor around the clutch, I haven't tried to run any kind of heat, just let it seep in slowly as it does with the blower off but the heat set to a higher temperature than ambient. But with the sub-freezing forecast across the upper plains and midwest, I'm worried the car will get too cold for travel.

Any help appreciated.

You should be able to just unplug the black wire going to the magnetic clutch on the compressor
    to keep it from engaging.

The heater will still work, but the air feeding it may be a bit moist since the condenser is off.
    If the outside humidity is high, you may need to crack a window when the heater is on to keep the
    windows from fogging.

84 AE/Shiro #683/Shiro #820/84 Turbo

Thanks, that worked (duh…)

or remove the a/c compressor belt.
    Shiro #443

… and I believe the only mode that won't engage the A/C comp is ECON.