Wiring harness compatability

• Wiring harness compatability

Hello all. I'm looking for some help. I've looked at all the posts I could find about "wiring" and "harness" but still not sure of the answer. I have an issue with the wiring harness that goes from the ECU to the O2 sensor. I have an '88 Turbo Auto with digital dash that needs a replacement. I have the same spare harness from a Shiro but not sure of their compatability. I understand the difference of transmission. My concern is the dash. Will it no longer function properly due to the replacement harness being from a car that's analog to a car that's digital? Or am I over thinking this? There's a different harness related to the dash right? Anything else that might not work properly as a result of this replacement? Any "2 cents" anyone can provide is very much appreciated. Thanks.

Main thing is to compare the wiring pinouts etc. in the FSM. I can say for sure that the oil press. sensor, and connector is different between them, just use the sensor and connector that matches your cluster.

If it's just the O2 wiring that's at fault, why not run your own replacement wiring by itself?
    Damn dirty angels....these cars!

Current Daily Driver - 86 Turbo.
    Under the cover - THE BANANA… that needs to be re-energized.
    sigpic

The thing is the car is at the shop already and charging an arm and a leg for the re-wire. I'm just trying to see if I can save some money by using the harness I already have.

definitely would not be cost effective to go a full harness swap route.... thats for sure.

sigpic

They said 3 wires out the harness need to be re-wired. So you would recommend letting them do that instead of trying to replace the whole harness and deal with the implications? Thanks and sorry if I'm repeating myself.

it's ok. replacing the entire engine harness would be much worse, time, cost, effort, and potential problem wise.

sigpic

Got it. Thanks very much for the help.