ID This Intake Manifold

• ID This Intake Manifold

How about a what is it? Game for those who know!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/87-96-VG30E-…12469f&vxp=mtr

What did this come from, will it fit the vg30et, and has anyone used it? Looks like a plastic upper, perhaps help with heat soak?

Here is another one, this time all aluminum, but looks like same basic design?
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/83-89-VG30-N…7e1858&vxp=mtr

The bonus round is, with they fit under the stock hood? Looks potentially like a more compact version of the Frontier manifold, better flow I wonder?

Other thoughts?
    Butter (credit where credit is due): "You have this "gift" where you can make cooking a Hot Pocket seem like you need a certain wavelength microwave and involve brown mustard."

Interesting.... it looks as tall as the Frontier/Pathfinder manifold, but like you said more compact.

The only one's I've seen that are plastic are the one's that came on the mini-vans.

If it's really from a VG30E, then it will fit an ET just fine. No difference in the manifolds between them. Just depends on if that one needs a specific LIM or not.
    Prius… because Pretentious wouldn't fit across the back of the car…

Cheap, Fast, Reliable - pick any two

My 1986 Turbo Build

I'm thinking its gonna be pretty friggen tall, just really an interesting deal.
    Butter (credit where credit is due): "You have this "gift" where you can make cooking a Hot Pocket seem like you need a certain wavelength microwave and involve brown mustard."

listing shows it comes with the LIM. the question is injector capabilities.
    Damn dirty angels....these cars!

Current Daily Driver - 86 Turbo.
    Under the cover - THE BANANA… that needs to be re-energized.
    sigpic

Black plastic type is a Villager/Quest setup.

Not sure what the second one in aluminum is. Need more pics to see the rest of the upper.

1986 300ZX Turbo…sold
    1990 Skyline GT-R…new money pit
    2014 Juke Nismo RS 6-speed…daily

Both minivan, and they fit backwards on the engine, so the throttle would be next to the z31 battery…

I expect more hood clearance issues than a stock pathfinder style, but less than the pathfinder's installed backwards…

^^ ah, never thought about the orientation! I knew someone would be able to shed light on these!

if the lower is the same design as ours, flipping it to sit like a truck intake would be pretty easy.
    Damn dirty angels....these cars!

Current Daily Driver - 86 Turbo.
    Under the cover - THE BANANA… that needs to be re-energized.
    sigpic

And what do you do about the distributor that you just decapitated?

I guess that's a good excuse for coil packs with crank trigger!

Fail
    Shiro #443