Champion radiator / Spearco IC kit compatibility

• Champion radiator / Spearco IC kit compatibility

There actually might not be anyone on the forums who has this setup (I couldn't find anyone) so this is kind of a shot in the dark… I'm about to start on my Spearco kit installation and the IC plumbing barely clears the stock radiator, so I'm a little worried that the depth of the Champion 3-row is going to block the routing entirely. If anyone can confirm or debunk this concern, I'd really appreciate it. Both these upgrades are going to have to learn to live together somehow, but I'd like to know what I'm getting myself into ahead of time, and if it can be massaged into place with the existing couplers, or if I'm going to do something that requires spending more money. Thanks in advance!
    Zoey - 1987 Z31T GLL - HKS EVC / CM SS 3" turbo-back / Stance GR+
    Black Betty - 2014 Audi C7 S6 APR1

Whats the pipe diameter of the kit?
    If its 2", you will be fine. Anything larger, then no.

From memory I believe it's 2.25. I'll measure to confirm. So, anything larger than 2" won't clear the Champion radiator?

I run 2.5" over the Champion radiator but I had to cut some framing of the bumper away to clear 100%.

You might be able to get away with 2.25".
    I can measure the clearance for you so we'll know for sure.

Originally posted by amreboot View Post
    I can measure the clearance for you so we'll know for sure.
    If you have the time and it's not a hassle for you, I'd sure appreciate that. The Spearco piping is in fact 2.25".

Flatfoot also got 2.25" pipe overtop of a 3-row rad on his setup - from the pics he didn't have to cut anything.

Yeah, I got 2.25 over the top without any cutting but I did have to make a custom Efan shroud.

Its about 1/2 tall using a set of fans off a vette.

I was originally using a maxi efan setup with the stock radiator. This would not clear the piping with a spearco radiator.
    Life's short
    Go fast
    Have a blast
    Leave a good looking corpse

I've got the Flex-A-Lite 410, which came with its own shroud. The shroud's height is a couple inches less than radiator's, so I should be able to vertically offset the shroud a little lower to avoid making the clearance across the top of the radiator/shroud any more difficult. I'm gonna start on the installation tomorrow; I'll take lots of pictures for reference. Thanks so much for the feedback, guys!

For what it's worth, a 3" pipe does not fit over the Champion. 2.75" might.
    Feedback- viewtopic.php?f=18&t=19840