1985 300ZX Oil type

• 1985 300ZX Oil type

I have a 1985 300zx n/a. I did not get the owners manual with the car unfortunately. I have read on line either 10w 30 or 10w 40 would be fine but I would like to make sure so I do not destroy my car. And I also would like to know what kind or oil filter I could use.

hey dude, get over to www.xenonzcar.com and download the FSM (factory service manual) for your 85. everything you need to know is in there. Also, there should be a sticker tag on the inside of the car's hood that tells you what oil ratings you should use depending on temperature. people have different opinions and their own personal choices for oil they put in their car, and you can too. oil is oil and you don't have to go buy the expensive kind (yes, I'm talking about you Royal Purple....) Mobile one, Castrol, Redline, Penzoil, take your pick. just make sure you have oil in your engine and monitor it weekly. you can always switch to something different on your next oil change. I would recommend if you car has real high mileage and no recent rebuild, to use a synthetic oil. again, different oils for different people.

you can go to NAPA and get an OEM oil filter. personally I use the stock Nissan oil filter for my 87

bonny