cheap high compression pistons?

• cheap high compression pistons?

Does anyone know a cheap alternative for some higher compression pistons for a na build looking for about 12:1** compression? Looking to spend under $500

Cheap?? You could always get some high temp jbweld and pour it through the spark plug hole. Make sure to measure right so you get even compression accross all cylinders.

DISCLAIMER: If you try this i am not responsible for the consequences of this high performance engine mod.
    Bolt on, fast, z31. You can only pick two.
    Old weaksauce numbers: 391hp/433tq

A high compression build and you want 12:1 pistons but under $500? I know where this is going.

its gonna cost u twice that if you go with Z32 Non Turbo pistons and rods, but still you will not get the 12:1.
    Gone - 1988 Shiro
    2004 BMW 330Ci
    2005 BMW 330i
    1991 Twin Turbo Z's (Red and Black)
    http://www.E46Turbo330Ci.com

i was just wondering whether you could get some pistons etc from another engine that will boost it up for that price, don't need it brand new or anything,

BTW: say i put z32 na pistons in it and a copper head gasket, what would you thyinhk it would set the compression to roughly, any real performance gains???

Generally from what I have seen, most Z31's running Z32 pistons generally work out to say… 9.5:1 in a Z32 but somewhere in the neighborhood of 8.0-8.5:1 on a Z31. Do not go cheap with bottom end parts, do it right the first time, get decent parts.
    1986 300ZX Turbo - Sold
    1991 Toyota MR2 - RIP
    2007 BMW 335i - Daily driver

how about unequivocally stating the obvious, 12:1 will require some serious effort on the pistons