300ZX Light Bar (Center Light) Modification Questions

• 300ZX Light Bar (Center Light) Modification Questions

I read the write-up on Xenon's website on how to illuminate the center light on the 300ZX at night. However, I'm left with a few important questions.

1) What's the best tool to use to trim the backing in order to fit the fluro light?

2) What grit sandpaper should I use to sand the lettering down? 1000?

3) Where's the best place to buy fluorescent light cover, and how much should I buy?

4) Where's the best place to buy the aluminum for the backing, and how much should I buy?

5) The 300mm CCFL-Red is out of stock at Jaycar electronics. What's a good substitute? There's one made by Sunbeam here: http://www.moddiy.com/products/Sunbe…%252d-Red.html Would that be sufficient, or is there a better CCFL?

personally with all the LED options out there now I would Look into some Ultra bright LEDS instead of the Tube.

Do you have a specific recommendations? What about the aluminum backing and fluorescent light cover? I noticed the aluminum backing looked black in the write up.

I would do the rest the same as the write-up. The light cover you can get in a sheet from any Big Box hardware store (home depot, lowes, Ace)