When I accelerate, my air stops blowing cold. Foot off gas pedal it blows cold again.

• When I accelerate, my air stops blowing cold. Foot off gas pedal it blows cold again.

As the title states, when i'm cruising along at a steady speed, my air is just fine, but if I get on it a little, my air stops blowing cold and just blows warm or less cooler air. I have recently replaced some vacuum lines and my air is working fairly well except this issue. I have searched some of the Air Conditioner posts and it's like finding a needle in the haystack if it's not mentioned in the title. This has been going on for some time and I just realized that the lack of cold air is related to the gas pedal. I would appreciate any help from experience. Thanks in advance. Mike

More than likely it is a vacuum issue, practically everything in the HVAC system runs off a vacuum source. Your best bet is to get a vacuum diagram of the HVAC system and start checking line by line.
    1985 300ZX Z31 2+2 VG33ET (running!)

Turbo or not? I had the same issue and it was a leak between the vacuum pump and plenum. When the turbo raised pressure in the intake, the vacuum for the climate controls was gone.

Non Turbo, sorry, I forgot to add that So it's a 87 NA auto

Vacuum system info

http://300zx.tombeauchamp.com/service.shtml#052204

Attached Files
    • CCvaclines.jpg (91.7 KB)
    • charcan.jpg (133.6 KB)
    • fpr.jpg (102.3 KB)
    • htrconvalv.jpg (52.3 KB)
    Last edited by FlyingT; 06-17-2019, 05:43 PM.
    Restore it, Don't crush it. They don't make them like this anymore.

Scott
    85 Turbo, original owner, restored
    93 NA Babied

More vacuum info
    Attached Files
    • udash.jpg (100.3 KB)
    • vacpump.jpg (38.2 KB)
    • vactank2.jpg (32.9 KB)
    Restore it, Don't crush it. They don't make them like this anymore.

Scott
    85 Turbo, original owner, restored
    93 NA Babied