rear noise

• rear noise

Hey whats up guys not to long ago i changed the rear on my car i put a 88 turbo rear clsd and every since then it makes noise while im driving but when i come to a stop it goes away. all they changed for me was the diff. now before i took it off the other car it didnt make noise. just wondering was something left out that needed to be swapped as well? just wanted to see if i could fix the noise if not id rather go back to my stock na diff without the lsd i just dont like the noise

It could only be a couple things. 1- you got a bum clsd, 2 certain suspension parts have finally failed after twenty X years get under there and check it out, 3 installed clsd improperly, 4 check your driveshaft's u-joints maybe one is failing and wobbling ummmm this is a very open ended question. what does the sound sound like IE metal on metal sound what?
    Blitz BOV, Walbro 255, HX-35 (8psi), Tokcio blues and lowering springs.

it sounds kind of like im always in reverse, i dont think the lsd is bad because i drove the parts car home the one i took the lsd off and didnt make no noise. i drained the rear and filled back up with new fluid and put a treatment in for the lsd. just trying to figure it out before i drop the car of at the shop it is my dd so being in the shop for a day or two messes me up with work alot

what weight of gear oil are you using?
    Blitz BOV, Walbro 255, HX-35 (8psi), Tokcio blues and lowering springs.

im not 100% but i think i put 80 90

I would highly suggest you stop driving the car with that noise.

I ended up changing out the companion flange on my CLSD, and in doing so, I did not torque the companion flange bolt to spec, and decided to drive the car, months later, the rear started whining, louder and louder, and finally it got unbearingly loud!
    I managed to tear up a bearing or two inside the CLSD, and since I kept driving it, It ended up tearing up ALL the bearings.

Since you said it ran absolutely fine with it in the parts car may I ask:

-What differential Mount are you using? if it is solid, I will tell you right now that solid diff. mounts will transmit more noise in the cabin than rubber.
    -Did you touch the companion flange, or companion flange nut?
    -what brand and weight diff. oil did you use, and what brand LSD additive did you use?
    -Are you sure it wasn't whining in the parts car you drove, and how many miles does it have?
    -Do you feel vibration since the install, or is it just whining like driving in reverse?

DO NOT continue driving the car, or learn the hard way like I did. :-(
    1SIKZ31 -86 SlickTop- R.I.P. 03/01/10 … Parted out :-(
    … New Project: LS1 Miata. Complete. 510whp. 2500lbs.
    1 Month Away from Rear Mount 76 --> 650-700whp.

and being that it came out of a parts car that seemed fine..

Are you sure its not your transmission? Youd be amazed at the sounds you hear that sound like there comming from 1 spot but due to vibration and noise travel its really comming from the most weird spot in the car
    1989 300ZX 2+2 N/A GLL
    Auto to Manual Swap
    NA2T Complete

well im going to check it out more this weekend but ive been driving the car like this since augest. it hasnt got worst. the trany came out of the same car and there was no noise at all when i drove it home and i drove it about 40miles and nothing. i cant stop driving the car its my dd and its my only way to work the car had 166k when i pulled evrything and hints on what to check and how to check it

oh yeah and also im using the stock mount and it does vibrate a little but only at speeds over 85 but thats the front end i think idk any help is always apreciated