MPG confirmation

• MPG confirmation

Just started using my N/A 87 as my DD. 5 speed

Got 23+ mpg on my first tank and 21+ on my 2nd tank.

Just looking for confirmation that this is about right.

I drive pretty light footed for the most part, but have spirited moments

Thanks!
    <<SOLD>>
    87' NA 5speed GL <-- "Gett'in Laid" (Not so much right now actually)
    17" Panasport C5C2 "G7" wheels
    Suspension Techniques Springs / HP Blues…

in my first n/a i got 26-28mpg. my modded turbo i got 14 with a heavy foot and 20 with a light foot. my current n/a is getting 18-20mpg mixed driving but it's running rich.

88t with some light moderate spirited driving 25/city 28/hwy blowing cold AC the whole time
    86na - BlueZ
    Shiro #366 - Kouki Monster
    85t - Mr Tickles

I think my car is running fine. I don't notice any smells or smoke or black on the bumper or tail pipe.

I have a odd idle issue where ~50% of the time, it idles right around 1000rpm's on the tach and feels smooth, the other 50% of the time, it feels like it's idling a bit too low and feels a little rough (RPM kind of bounces ever so slightly on the tach under this condition). If anyone wants to chime on on this, I'd be open to ideas. I haven't changed the spark plugs or cap n rotor since I bought her 3 mo's ago. I don't really think that's the issue, but I'm open to ideas, like I said.

I'll have to trend my MPG for a while longer to see how it goes.

I'm also running 87 octane fuel as I don't think it needs anything higher than that (correct me if I'm mistaken here). I never hear any knocking/pinging.
    <<SOLD>>

87 is fine. if you haven't done the full tune up yet, now would be the time. if nothing else it'll give you something to do on the weekend :P

1988 300zxt. gt35, stance, etc. Wheels: Varrstoen ES2 18x9.5 et-13 225/40. 18x10.5 et0 245/40
    1990 jetta vr6'd

What would your laundry list look like for a basic tune up?

Plugs
    Cap/Rotor
    Fuel Filter
    PCV valve
    (My air filter looks new) It's stock, so, I know I should just "yank it out and throw it in the trash" as someone recently suggested. lol

Any recommendations on good parts for a good price? I ordered all my timing belt stuff via courtesy. Guess I could go back to them…
    <<SOLD>>

Coolant flush
    Don't forget the stud for the t-belt tensioner
    plug wires

Can go with either Courtesy parts or nissanparts.cc

1986 300ZX Turbo…sold
    1990 Skyline GT-R…new money pit
    2014 Juke Nismo RS 6-speed…daily

Already did the coolant with the T-belt job.
    Bagged the stud, although I did buy it. Read about the double nut technique after I put it all back together. Hope it lasts til next time....

Good call on the wires and links. Thanks!
    <<SOLD>>

might as well put new tranny fluid in there while you're at it. done an oil change since you got it?

1988 300zxt. gt35, stance, etc. Wheels: Varrstoen ES2 18x9.5 et-13 225/40. 18x10.5 et0 245/40
    1990 jetta vr6'd

Yeah, I did change the oil. Just using a K&N filter and 10-30 Castrol

Indeed, I plan to change the tranny and the rear diff fluid soon. That way I'll know when it was done last.

Speaking of the tranny, after the car has warmed up, it's shift pretty buttery, but, when cold, it's pretty notchy, especially going into 2nd. I've seen issues like this resolved before with just using a different weight oil. We'll just have to see how it reacts to a normal fluid change. The car and tranny do have 165k on them, so, I'm not expecting perfection....
    <<SOLD>>

a quality gear oil will do wonders for transmission feel.

1990 jetta vr6'd

Does the board have a favorite flavor of tranny fluid that seems to work well?
    <<SOLD>>