A/C Drier/Low Pressure switch question.

• A/C Drier/Low Pressure switch question.

Hey my replacement a/d drier doesnt have a Low Pressure switch. Will this have ill effects? Does it move over to the new unit? Unsure, thanks. I noticed a/c doesnt turn on compressor, but I wired a toggle switch to by pass that directly to compressor switch so that engages.

Genya wrote: Hey my replacement a/d drier doesnt have a Low Pressure switch. Will this have ill effects? Does it move over to the new unit? Unsure, thanks. I noticed a/c doesnt turn on compressor, but I wired a toggle switch to by pass that directly to compressor switch so that engages.
    The ill effect of not having a low pressure switch is that your compressor will never kick on.
    Yes use the old switch or buy a new one. Use a new o ring if you didn't get one w/ the receiver/dryer.

Thanks for the reply, I used a fused rocker switch and placed it in the dash spot, and it engages the compressor for a/c. It Replaced the 3 vacumn lines from the underhood cansiter and blows cold, but for life of me working on getting the air to go through vent, so more diagram following looks like.

Genya wrote: Thanks for the reply, I used a fused rocker switch and placed it in the dash spot, and it engages the compressor for a/c. It Replaced the 3 vacumn lines from the underhood cansiter and blows cold, but for life of me working on getting the air to go through vent, so more diagram following looks like.
    Ok but you need that low pressure switch. It's a failsafe for the system. If your freon leaks out and your compressor keeps engaging say byebye to the compressor.