Replacing the stock boost gauge with the stock voltmeter

• Replacing the stock boost gauge with the stock voltmeter

So a little project for me, I have been wanting to replace the stock boost gauge on my car. Its a piece of junk. My desire is to install a stock voltmeter in it's place. Has anyone ever done this before? So far, I plugged in the NA cluster with no response, rebuilt the Turbo cluster with the voltmeter and got lights, but the voltmeter doesn't work. Any ideas?

I found this, but it offered little help. My car is a GLL and this looks to be the GL

http://z31.com/mods/cosmetic/voltmeter.shtml

1985 Nissan 300ZX 2+2- My first Z, back in the family
    1987 Nissan 300ZX Turbo RIP 4/87 - 4/28/2011
    Under Construction: 1986 Nissan 300ZX NA2T Slicktop
    Originally posted by Tempestas
    Well, one of the t-tops wasn't latched real well… God only knows where that t-top flew off to at 150+ mph. Didn't scratch the car or anything, just a boom and it was gone. I sure as hell didn't stop to see where it went. I didn't see any stories on the news… so that's a plus.

I removed the cluster, opened it up, swapped the boost gauge for the volt meter, and reinstalled everything…this is all that was required; it is just a plug and play application.

1987 Nissan 300ZX Turbo (Budget Supercar)
    1987 Nissan 200SX SE (Old School FR)
    1994 Nissan Sentra SE-R (Balls To The Wall Track Car)
    2000 Nissan Maxima SE (Daily Driver)
    2006 Scion tC (Wife Whip)

In an ideal world I would have all ten fingers on my left hand, so my right hand could just be a fist for punching.

Maybe my voltmeter is bad? That's really weird :-?

1985 Nissan 300ZX 2+2- My first Z, back in the family
    1987 Nissan 300ZX Turbo RIP 4/87 - 4/28/2011
    Under Construction: 1986 Nissan 300ZX NA2T Slicktop
    Originally posted by Tempestas
    Well, one of the t-tops wasn't latched real well… God only knows where that t-top flew off to at 150+ mph. Didn't scratch the car or anything, just a boom and it was gone. I sure as hell didn't stop to see where it went. I didn't see any stories on the news… so that's a plus.