ECU Fuel mixture knob

(enters into sarcasm)

Turn it all the way to the left in a circular motion…
    Gone - 1988 Shiro
    2004 BMW 330Ci
    2005 BMW 330i
    1991 Twin Turbo Z's (Red and Black)
    http://www.E46Turbo330Ci.com

If you don't put effort into making competent, readable and understandable posts, why should we put the effort in to helping you?

1988 300zxt. gt35, stance, etc. Wheels: Varrstoen ES2 18x9.5 et-13 225/40. 18x10.5 et0 245/40
    1990 jetta vr6'd

All the way left, aka counterclockwise like you said.

Re: ECU Fuel mixter nobb

Matt89 wrote: OH you must be talking about the diagnostic screw. There is no such thing as a "fuel mixer nobb" on a z31.
    MAF…behind the plug that you must drill out. :P 84-86 FSM, See Section EF-EC 94. 87-89 MAFs do not have this IIRC.
    - VG30DET (HE341) 86 300ZX - 1982 280ZX Turbo - Headered NA 1986 300ZX 2+2 - 2000 Xterra -

Alright, yea i got it already, and this makes the car not run so rich right? I was twice as much as the limit on Carbon Monoxide at Emissions.
    Im Addicted to my Z31!!!!!

[quote]michaelp wrote:
    Originally posted by Matt89
    OH you must be talking about the diagnostic screw. There is no such thing as a "fuel mixer nobb" on a z31.
    MAF…behind the plug that you must drill out. :P 84-86 FSM, See Section EF-EC 94. 87-89 MAFs do not have this IIRC.
    Yes of course but this guy does not need to know this.. :-?

Fly dude…have you run codes yet? That is the first step to diagnosing this. It is NOT the maf adjustment..trust me.
    Bolt on, fast, z31. You can only pick two.
    Old weaksauce numbers: 391hp/433tq

The fuel mixture nob is the steering wheel

an issue of this nature I'd suspect a dead catalitic converter. at least nearing 30 yrs old I would kinda expect it to be about done!

another idea is to ask the smog testing station people any recommendations for fixes of your problem. they may say a tune up and a cat, or maybe some other general idea.

checking codes is a good idea, making sure EGR is working, and that the CHTS is not out of spec. tuneups are always a good idea too!
    Damn dirty angels....these cars!

Current Daily Driver - 86 Turbo.
    Under the cover - THE BANANA… that needs to be re-energized.
    sigpic

Dude Could the CHTS Cause it to not pass emissions, i mean its 2x what it should be in the carbon monoxide but the other things passed and the cat is good
    Im Addicted to my Z31!!!!!

Excessive carbon monoxide is the result of a too rich A/F ratio. So yes, DUDE it could very likely be the CHTS

i am willing to bet you have a chts code but have ignored it
    Bolt on, fast, z31. You can only pick two.
    Old weaksauce numbers: 391hp/433tq

Matt89 wrote:
    I am willing to bet you have a chts code but have ignored it
    LOL. Thats an easy bet.

aceman wrote: lmao are the schools in Arizona that bad?

I mean, people have complained about our education system failing us for decades. But this is beyond ridiculous.
    This is an ongoing problem that, in my personal opinion, can no longer be pinned on any one state or school. Gross laziness or intentional misuse towards spelling combined with the "It's just the Internet" attitude is now a world wide plague that extends to e-mail, resumes, newspapers, product advertising etc.

I place some of the blame on parents that simply should not have been allowed to swim in the gene pool. Unfortunately, society threw them a "save our genetically deficient" life ring and allowed them splash their feet in the shallow end anyway.

I also blame video games:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJhlxsL14Ck&feature=player_embedded[/video]] … r_embedded

PT
    - Visit my Z31 Cardomain pages -|- Visit my website! / 73, de AE5NW -

The phrase "It's just the Internet" is not an excuse to be an illiterate dolt.