Brake question for you vets from a newbie

• Brake question for you vets from a newbie

Ok I have a '85 Z31 2+2 turbo and the rear right caliper was leaking from the parking brake cyl. The overhauled caliper I put on had the same issue two-fold, so the original went back on (weeping is better than pissing, right). As I wait for another to get freighted to me I wonder if ther is an easy mod to replace the calipers with perhaps the front or possible another year) I have done a quick search on the site but didnt see the info.

insight is apprieciated

Rick

unfortunately- keeping costs in mind- there is really no other caliper to put on the back that retains factory e-brake functionality and proper bias without going to maybe a set of willwoods, which are probably out of the price range.

just cross your fingers that the next caliper is better.

just put on another replacement.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a mans character make him a moderator.

yeah … to be honest I really am not to concerned to keep the ebrake, (I will have 30 days if LEO even notices. That ebrake thing is wacked.

I have more parts on order I just part of living in the sticks that every thing has to be shipped in from the big smoke (city).

thanks for the responses

Jason84NA2T wrote:

Please do NOT post to this new forum unless it's a writeup, FAQ, or other useful information that should be archived for everyone to benefit from.

Thanks,
    Jason
    85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
    04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20… underway for summertime daily driver.