Light up bar for 84-86 with LEDs

• Light up bar for 84-86 with LEDs

Stock 300zx bar in good condition, got it for about 8$ at a local junk yard.

This is the tricky part, Removing this thin plastic is what makes or breaks the bar, i dont have pictures but the bottom is plastic welded and glued on, i took a dremel and cut just behind the red about 1/4" and the bottom came loose. The top pulled off very easily, i was actually surprised it was on at all.

Sand behind the letters and dont hit the other parts or light will shine through.

This is what came through

i got some cool white and red LED strip lights from superbrightleds dot com, these are weather resistant and you can wire directly to the stock wiring for the bar.

I cut the plastic out with a cut off wheel behind the 300zx letters and removed the white metal plates shielding the red plastic from the lisc bulbs. i used spare nuts that fit the mounting studs, drilled holes in some sheet metal and used a second set of nuts to secure the metal to the studs. This is what i used to mount the leds to since they have adhesive on the backs of the strips. Red facing the rear of the car at the 300zx letters and the white directly down at the lisc plate

and this is the finished product.

Note: i tinted the back of the bar so it would look stock during the day with some tailight tint spray.

Awww makes sense now that I see pictures! I am defiantly doing that now! :-) thanks for posting this up!
    86 NA
    87 Turbo
    Member of the "zetto sun-ichi" group

Local MN car forum/club anyone welcome..... fivezeroseven.net join!