71C clutch fork reinforcement

• 71C clutch fork reinforcement

Since the clutch fork upgrades do not fit into the 71C tranny I decided to try my hand at beefing up a stock one.

I first wire wheeled off all of the factory finish- front and back. Had some 1/8" inch flat bar laying around the shop.

Cut it to length and then tack welded it in place. Finished welding full length beads and filled in bottom, too. Gas

tank ran out right as I was finishing the final bead. It will be a few weeks before I will be able to install and test it.
    Everything is Meaningless.

Thank you 85NA2T for the reference pics and Twisted'Z for the fork to experiment with.

Final pics cleaned up and painted. Make sure the clip is installed BEFORE welding it up!

looks legit, I waas planning on doing this same thing for my track car!!

nice work!!
    1uz Swapped, lowered, flaked out '86 z31
    '72 Datsun 510 4dr, ka24de-T, slammed resto mod
    '84 z31 turbo, coils, wheels a.k.a the gfs weekend car
    '86 na2t parts for now a.k.a eventually will get running with a/c daily
    '83 280zx project backburner a.k.a ls turbo drag car one day
    Custom vg30et tube chassis drift exocet project

That turned out really nice.Good job man!
    "If your car cant do a burnout from a 60mph rolling start, then your engine needs more work."

"Nitrous doesn't blow up motors; Idiots with nitrous blow up motors."

Shooting for 500whp

Good Jorb.
    DD:
    86 Black Turbo 5spd
    The Fallen:
    84 red n/a auto Slicktop, 86 Black 2+2 n/a 5spd
    Parting Currently:
    86 White Turbo 5spd, 88 n/a 5spd, 84 AE, 88 Shiro #64
    Garage Sale

Looks purdy, but where is the flexing occuring mostly? Not that I doubt this mod improves things, just don't see it eliminating it

G-E wrote: Looks purdy, but where is the flexing occuring mostly? Not that I doubt this mod improves things, just don't see it eliminating it
    Agreed. I want to add more metal to the fork end but, I'm not sure how much I can add and exactly where.

Looks like there's all kinds of room to add metal down the sides. 8)

I drew out patterns with 3/4" masking tape to form the side blanks. They were cut about 3/16" smaller

than the side profile to allow a nice bevel once the welds were ground/ sanded down. Clamped down

against the stock fork. Tack welded in place while in the vice then removed to run full length beads.

Sides welded and blended in- Cleaned up and ready for paint.

my kinda modification.
    nice work.

Intellesting…