Trottle Body/TPS solution for vg33er and vg33e intake swaps

• Trottle Body/TPS solution for vg33er and vg33e intake swaps

This is cool, I figured out how to run the ER throttle body with the vg30 pathfinder Throttle Position Sensor.*
    The reason I couldn't was the TPS isn't compatible with the older electronics and the TB hole patterns don't match to swap the whole TB but I think the throttle shafts Happen to be the same length and diameter.
    All I have to do is
    1) remove the ER throttle shaft (tuns TPS with a roll pin cross shaft)
    2) machine down the TPS boss so its flush with the bearing
    3) tap the screw holes deeper for the TPS (these the were shaved down too)
    4) Install the Older style vg30 throttle shaft (turns TPS with flat spot on the shaft)
    5) Re-install 60mm throttle plate; the older 3.0 shaft has a slot for wide enough to accept the ER throttle plate because Nissan used the same shaft for both 54mm and 60mm TB's found on vg30 and ka24.

This is also handy for using N/A 3.3 throttle body and manifold in cars (similar to pathfinder manifolds). but the TPS has to have the top and bottom wires switched and run the 3.0 pathfinder TPS

*the other method is to plug-weld the threaded holes on the supercharger intake and drill/tap new ones that match the 3.0 TPS. Of course For N/A the other method is to just use a 3.0 pathfinder manifold vs a 3.3 manifold.

Hopefully, I will remember to come back with pictures of each step after I am done!
    10:1 VG33E Swap 200HP
    M30 ECU with N60 MAF
    Pathfinder Intake, Euro Cams, Russ Cam Gears, Headers and Gibson Cat Back

Re: Trottle Body/TPS solution for vg33er and vg33e intake sw

why can't u just use the TPS that comes with it and just change the TPS wiring on the harness?

Careless wrote: why can't u just use the TPS that comes with it and just change the TPS wiring on the harness?
    My understanding is that the ohm values are different on the POT inside the TPS. At least that's what my friend told me when he decided not to use a 3.3 maifold on his S12.
    Looking up test procedures for both TPS in the FSM could confirm or deny this.
    M30 ECU with N60 MAF

Careless wrote: why can't u just use the TPS that comes with it and just change the TPS wiring on the harness?
    After you asked I went and looked for myself and here's what I found:

I did a Side by side of the 2 FSMs
    Then I laid the 2 charts on top of each other.
    VG33ER closed throttle starts at 0.15v
    VG30E closed throttle starts at 0v

90 Degree opening appears to be the same Value.

I do not know if this would screw with my M30 ECU or not, It uses TPS to generate fuel maps. My guess is it would run richer because it thinks I'm opening the throttle faster. Besides, If I can run the same TPS on both intakes it will be allot easier to convert back to N/A when the smog people decide they don't like my supercharger.

Sorry Photobucket Has a resolution limit so my dual monitor screen shot looks really small.(even after I cropped it and chopped space out of the middle)
    M30 ECU with N60 MAF

can you link it on imgur instead of photobucket.
    I'd like to see the diagrams in full size.