Affordable 13" Brembo BBK (Big Brake Kit) - ***Zenki and Kouki Hubs***

Yeah I used PayPal luckily. Probably start the claim tonight when I get home from work. Got to find another vendor now.
    2007 Nissan 350Z Base: 13.476 @ 103.870 MPH

1988 Nissan 300ZX Shiro Special New Setup [email protected] MPH

Well I just got home and went to file the Paypal dispute. Figured I would check one last time to see if it shipped and I'll be damned it was! So I guess I will finally have them next week.

For anyone else that is thinking about using them for brackets I highly recommend making sure they are in stock first to save yourself some headaches.

I got mine installed this weekend, well minus the Z32 master I was not aware one of the brass inserts was missing. I'll get that swapped sometime this week. They look great though.

Wow! That looks great!

Anyone know of a cheaper upgrade that's guaranteed to fit 4 lugs? My brakes are really sucky lately.

Originally posted by Marissasimos
    Anyone know of a cheaper upgrade that's guaranteed to fit 4 lugs? My brakes are really sucky lately.
    First and foremost, flush/replace the brake fluid. Get a good DOT4 or DOT5.1 fluid. A quart should do. Suck out the old fluid with a turkey baster, then fill and bleed the brake system starting with the furthest caliper. If your soft lines are old you can replace with new rubber or go to a SS braided. Get some good brake pads and bed them in properly.

Unless you're tracking the car and or driving very spiritedly, the stock brakes work just fine. Brake kits are mostly to help with repeatability.

Originally posted by Marissasimos
    You should just start putting together the parts to do a 5 lug swap. If you play your cards right and find a set of late model turbo front hubs, it really opens up your options.
    Prius… because Pretentious wouldn't fit across the back of the car…

Cheap, Fast, Reliable - pick any two

My 1986 Turbo Build

what bremsen said. Even with plain old NA zenki brakes, if SS lines, good pads and proper bleeding don't give you more brake than you can plausibly use on the street you should probably find a safer place to push the envelope

The no-fail z31 bleeding technique I have found is to park the car on a very slight nose-up incline or just drive up the front wheels up on a piece of 3/4" ply, suck out all the old fluid you can. Put a little bit of tubing and a catch bottle (mountain dew is best) on each caliper, open all four at once, and fill up the reservoir. Go play guitar/vidya/talk shit on forums for an hour and a half. Every ten or fifteen minutes hit pause, come back and pour in however much more fluid you need to top it up. If it goes empty after the first check, just fill it up again. If it goes empty after the second check, cut down your check interval to five minutes. Don't even bother looking at the hoses, shit'll take care of itself and you'll probably just knock over one of the catch bottles and get brake fluid on the driveway. After an hour and a half, or like 45 minutes if your cylinder emptied out the first two checks, just close all four bleeder screws and I'll bet you lunch with two beers that you've got your best brake pedal ever.

Seriously, with these cars the harder you try the worse a bleed you'll get. This method *sounds* like a lot of hassle but it's a lot less work than fucking around with different bleed methods and it's worked for me, like, every single time on two different z31s and a couple other cars w/o ABS. It's not a good shop method because you waste a lot of brake fluid and the car is 'on the shop floor' for longer than other methods, but it's easy, requires no fiddling around, and has always worked really well for me.

Yeah, my dad and I bled the system, and sure enough we found my front driver's caliper began seeping. Just funny because I replaced the front passenger's caliper a month ago. Funny coincidence.

Will these work with 17 inch wheels? I want to go this route but the wheels i want to use are 17inch and would prefer not step up to 18in wheels.

Yup. They will work with 17" s

Has any one actually done this on zenki hubs yet

Not to bring a tread back from the dead but will 16" wheels fit over this?
    Bah-chicka-wow-wow

Not likely

17" is probably the smallest size. But it all depends on your wheel barrel. Some wheels have very large barrel

Rule of thumb <13" rotor fits a 16" wheel, 13" rotor for a 17" wheel, and 14" rotor for 18" wheel