Price for the z31

• Price for the z31

I dident know where to post this so sorry if I'm at the total wrong place, but I was wondering what the price of the z31 was when it was new. I got a burned z31 2+2 turbo and the insurance is going to giwe me back what the car is worth so I can get a almost like car or fix my z.
    So I was wondering what the new price for the z31 1989 2+2 turbo was?

Anywhere from 1500-7000, depends on condition, which transmission, what colour, and whether it has t-tops or a solid roof…

Maybe scour craigslist and show the insurance company the asking prices?

^Agree with Alex.

However, how relevant is that today? For example, I think the 84T GLL package was north of 21K in the 80s…once you add in inflation and what not, does that mean it's worth 21K + inflation today? Probably not.

It would only be relevant if he had a collector's car insurance policy that was underwritten for replacing MSRP's original value. I am not even sure this variable truly exists.

I have Grundy on my 89. We have a set $40k agreed total loss policy totally based on how much money I have recently put into my car, the overall condition of the car, and how often I drive it.
    So if anything happens to my Z to where it gets totaled, I will get a check for $40k.

If he has a standard auto insurance policy, the original MSRP wouldn't be relevant at all! Then it falls into what G-E is saying for current value.

Well there's no way an insurance company was going to give him the msrp for repair costs… so I just ignored the confusing part

remember that the guy isn't in the US. it might work differently. it might not. who knows.

My insurance have to find a car that is in the same style as the z31(power, must have turbo, must have a stick, no auto transmission shit) or fix my car or give me my car back and money to fix it or buy a new car.

Ok, look on craigs or kijiji

I bought my 85T GL new in 85 and it cost approx. $22K for it. That would be $48K today. These numbers are totally irrelevant today for insurance issues since these are not new cars 30 years later.
    Restore it, Don't crush it. They don't make them like this anymore.

Scott
    85 Turbo, original owner, restored
    93 NA Babied