Front Wiper Motor Relay Location?

• Front Wiper Motor Relay Location?

Wiper motor not working…checked fuse but can't locate where the relay or which relay is located in the steering column. Please advise. FSM diagram does not illustrate the actual location of the wiper motor relay. Thx

drgonz007 wrote: Wiper motor not working…checked fuse but can't locate where the relay or which relay is located in the steering column. Please advise. FSM diagram does not illustrate the actual location of the wiper motor relay. Thx
    Wiper relay located on page EL-104/ EL-108 of FSM .. near (or inside) front fender (driver side) .. next to the headlamp and passing relays.
    '84Z31 GLL turbo|theZenthusiast site: http://www.thezenthusiast.com |

Originally posted by maronee
    PS - by the way your Z31's famous here in japan, dude!!

Thx. Tracked that one down by hearing the clicking of the relay when activating the wiper switch. Relaced it with a used relay. it clicked too. Are both relays bad or might it be another issue I shaould immediately consider before cannibilizing the electrical system and or wiper motor? Thx

drgonz007 wrote: Thx. Tracked that one down by hearing the clicking of the relay when activating the wiper switch. Relaced it with a used relay. it clicked too. Are both relays bad or might it be another issue I shaould immediately consider before cannibilizing the electrical system and or wiper motor? Thx
    Could be wiper motor? I'd check the wiper motor connector .. relay may be good .. could be connections/connector at wiper motor?
    '84Z31 GLL turbo|theZenthusiast site: http://www.thezenthusiast.com |

Originally posted by maronee
    PS - by the way your Z31's famous here in japan, dude!!

Cool…will check it in the AM and revert. Thx

OK…checked and cleaned connectors. Test light shows current when switch is on and intermitment. Guess it must be the motor. Will swap this weekend and revert. Thx

It was definately the wiper motor. However the replacement motor does not have a lead for connecting the washer motor. Any suggestions?

Also note: Front wiper motors for models after 84 will fit but do not have the connectors neccessary to work with the front washer motor.