digi speedo, point a to b, acceleration gauge doesnt work?

• digi speedo, point a to b, acceleration gauge doesnt work?

So I've replaced the speed sensor… the speedo doesn't work the estimated fuel and acceleration gauges don't work. Ideas please. Thank you.
    1985 Z31 2+2
    1984 Z31 turbo R.I.P.
    1987 Z31 NA/turbo swap
    1986 Z31 turbo R.I.P.
    1988 Shiro Special R.I.P.

None of that will work until you have a correct operating speed sensor/speedo cable. Are you sure it is a good working speed sensor? Checked the speedo cable to see if it spins? Checked the speedo drive gear that plugs into the tranny?

If all those work, then you may need replace the cluster. Don't jump to conclusions about this, test every part first so you don't throw parts at it.

1986 300ZX Turbo…sold
    1990 Skyline GT-R…new money pit
    2014 Juke Nismo RS 6-speed…daily

Sweet. Thank you. I was unsure how to check the cable so I will tomorrow and the speed sensor was out of a maxima with digi dash, same year. I have already replaced the cluster. But one of the clips that goes down and to the right of the cluster doesn't clip. The left one. Maybe an issue too?
    1985 Z31 2+2
    1984 Z31 turbo R.I.P.
    1987 Z31 NA/turbo swap
    1986 Z31 turbo R.I.P.

Maybe.

I'm not sure if the Maxi sensor is correct signal wise for the Z.

Easiest way to tell if the speedo cable spins is unplug the sensor from the cable, jack up the rear wheels, and start engine and put it in 3rd gear and bring up the speed and look at the cable. If it doesnt spin, then the cable is broke or the drive gear on the end of the speedo is stripped. In rare cases the gear on the output shaft inside the trans is stripped or broken.

1986 300ZX Turbo…sold
    1990 Skyline GT-R…new money pit
    2014 Juke Nismo RS 6-speed…daily

Hmmm. That would suck. Well I will check out the cable tomorrow for sure then see what goes from there.
    1985 Z31 2+2
    1984 Z31 turbo R.I.P.
    1987 Z31 NA/turbo swap
    1986 Z31 turbo R.I.P.