What are these wires for?

• What are these wires for?

I thought they were for the third break light because I bought a spoiler with it, and I tried it and it doesnt work. Ive tested the wires and they dont test out with anything, ive also tested the bulbs…what are these for? My car didnt come with the third break light, but the spoiler I bought does....

Thanks for your help…

I'm assuming your car is 84/5.

And this came off an 86… possibly an 87-89.

Does the hatch have a rear wiper? Not too much info other than it having a third brake light…

If people that know a whole lot more than me are expected to answer they may want some extra details… Just from the wires it looks like the brake light and possibly the rear wiper.

Edit: If I was anywhere near my car at the moment I would go take a peek. As they look familiar. I have an 86 with a 87-89 hatch.

They're not shown in the 84 or 88 FSM, if they are single conductor wires they
    might just be test points/connections used during the assembly process.

84 AE/Shiro #683/Shiro #820/84 Turbo

Remus92 wrote: I'm assuming your car is 84/5.

And this came off an 86… possibly an 87-89.

Does the hatch have a rear wiper? Not too much info other than it having a third brake light…

If people that know a whole lot more than me are expected to answer they may want some extra details… Just from the wires it looks like the brake light and possibly the rear wiper.

Edit: If I was anywhere near my car at the moment I would go take a peek. As they look familiar. I have an 86 with a 87-89 hatch.
    My car is a 1986 300zx 2+2 Auto Canadian version, my car did not come with the third break light. The break light I have has matching connectors that mate up to the ones in the pictures they plug right in. It has the rear wiper. My issues is that those wires don't test with any type of power, either with the key on or off, or with the pedal. Im just wondering what they do?

Z_Karma wrote: They're not shown in the 84 or 88 FSM, if they are single conductor wires they
    might just be test points/connections used during the assembly process.
    Its a 1986 I dont have a FSM for 1986 do you? that would be great!

You can download the 86 fsm from the reference section at Xenon's Z31 site:
    http://www.xenonz31.com/reference.html

84 AE/Shiro #683/Shiro #820/84 Turbo