tbo lip mod. awkward height option, lip lower then rest option

I like the original/ current design of the TBO.

1artworkz;n470530 wrote: I always wanted to modify the TBO so it had the stock road clearance.

Just another one of those projects that has a big o'l 'roundtuit' stuck to it.
    thats exactly what I was saying to do! Because I worded it differently nobody else understood that. also my car is a highway runner. In mexico only of course....... every time I drive the car it would utilize the added down force. Also since it is regularly at a higher speed the airflow I don't think would be lessened to the radiator. But hey all in all everyone proved my stupid reasoning to be ignorant......

Because of the exceptional constructive criticism seen here a lot, see above statement, and all others by this dude shitting on my thread every post he has made, I don't get on here much.

LOL - Come off the high horse there buddy. You stir up the thread 6 months later, not with an update/picture post, but just to say "Yeah, that's what I was saying".....

1artworkZ said he just wanted stock clearance. He didn't add all that other BS as you did talking about "utilizing the lip more than most" etc.

Here I'll poop on your thread again.... lol, Thats how long its been since I've been on.. And considering that if I would have installed it on my red 300zx that would have been the case, since the lip would have been as close to the ground as most people install them only it would have effectively shrunk the radiator opening.. therefore round and round I go with a monkey, explaining till I'm blue in the face. ^I hope for your sake you are a pretty fellow, since your kinda slow.

My thread? I believe this is your thread. Basically what we have here is someone who got called out on the BS and then went away crying. After everyone is done with the topic and move on, the same kid wants to bring attention back to himself all while not saying anything worthwhile. You're the kid who starts pouting more when the parents stop paying them any attention when they throw a fit.

Also, take note on what I did there with "your" and "you're". Then we can start talking about slow

wow, you're (or you are as I spent the extra time to write out.... ) I was imitating you when I said I'd poop on your thread, and look you already have again. And as for saying nothing worthwhile, I stated that I wanted to do the same thing as an artist (1artworkz), I kinda thought that would have given you the hint that it's not that stupid of an idea, but still, your too slow to see that. And now I'm pouting? Since the first post you put in MY thread you have bashed my idea. I decided not to put the lip on my red 300zx, and instead my 88. Stock ride height, and I still set the lip approx 3/4" higher than it was meant to be. I think it allows the lines to flow better. I feel to each his own opinion, but some people^ don't think innovation and own ideas are allowed, and must be frowned upon, or he never had a good idea of his own, so everyone always said they are stupid and ignorant ideas. P.S. where did I improperly use a contraction? lol....

Dude, you've been here since '09, you know how it goes if you aren't prepared to explain why you are doing something out of the ordinary. Ven asked some questions, your response came off very elitist sounding, thus effectively painting yourself as an asshat. No, nobody else has modified the lip in the manner in which you speak, because traditionally that reduces the effectiveness of the design, while also reducing the volume of air reaching your intercooler AND radiator. If you are moving fast enough to "fully utilize" the aerodynamic design of the lip (I assume since you make high speed runs 'in mexico"), then I really do not think you should be limiting cold air reaching your rad and IC.

If it's an aesthetics thing, come out and say that for starters instead of BSing all this other hullaballoo.

Build thread http://z31performance.com/showthread…-Paint-done-eh

Didn't think I sounded like an elitist prick, sounds more like I explained it, then people still called me stupid. And, yes I just reread the thing.... I did explain it I explained what why, and even showed pictures of how. How much more, or what do I need to explain? Also I have a heat exchanger up front (liquid intercooler) and an icebox. My heat exchanger merely reducer temps of h20 before it gets to the icebox, to help lower the water temp to slow down the ice melting....

Post number 11 you came off very condescending, and at which point yiu had not fully explained the why, other than that it looked funny mounted normally. That is the point I was referencing as you coming off as an elitist talking down to people, Ven in particular. To which he responded in kind with knowledge and an example explaining why he thought the way he did. It took you half the page to fully explain the why, and by that point egos were already under fire. I think the splitter idea is great, especially if you had decided to raise up the lip. Provided the car has been lowered enough, and you do something like this, I think it could work out really well for both function and saving the life of the lip. http://www.stewartleask.com/build/splitter-creation

I'll just leave this here

Ven;n470040 wrote:

Figured since Jesus94P posted this in another thread I'd post it here. This
    is the lip utilized to the fullest.

stufferton;n761477 wrote:
    If it's an aesthetics thing, come out and say that for starters instead of BSing all this other hullaballoo.
    /thread lol

I explained it in post 1, I then reworded it in post 6, then in post 11 I worded it a 3rd way, each time explaining the same thing with different words. ^^ I see there are added lips under the side skirts on the blue car. Also, that would be trashed driving any road around my area. And I saw vens italics as sarcasm in post 4. Post 5, I had already expressed that it would shrink the radiator opening, nullifying that ss being the desired effect. post 13 depicts that a lower front air dam as opposed to entire car would be better, which in turn isn't true, so not good reference. post 14 I then explain it better, and in 15 ven bashes again. anyway, I am done justifying this lol, it rediculous, I have been wrong since the beginning so, someone show me what I WANT TO DO, and HOW I SHOULD DO THIS..... lol way to give positive reinforcements, and helpful guidance.

Did you check out the link I gave? Leask made his splitter out of plywood so that its cheap, easy to work with, and can take a beating without worrying. Also super easy to cut out another, throw some quick paint on, bolt it up and keep driving while slammed and keeping your lip in good shape.

This is exactly what I plan on doing once my front end is back together. Previously my nose was almost as low as Jesus94p's in that picture. Same stance, just with 18's instead of…17's? Once everything is buttoned back up again the car will probably be lower than before, depends on how it handles with the new setup, but I can completely relate to the issues that arise with driving slammed.