Keep it Zenki!

• So am I the only one who thinks that the hood scoop on the turbos makes or breaks the zenkis?
    Feedback- viewtopic.php?f=18&t=19840

• looks good on zenkis, would look horrible on a chuki

• slammedcoupe;341880 wrote: looks good on zenkis, would look horrible on a chuki
    +1

• I loved my 86 with a scoop.
    Feedback- viewtopic.php?f=18&t=19840

• slammedcoupe;341880 wrote: looks good on zenkis, would look horrible on a chuki
    So does it look terrible on an AE too? A chuki is basically the same thing.
    Prius… because Pretentious wouldn't fit across the back of the car…

Cheap, Fast, Reliable - pick any two

My 1986 Turbo Build

• Yeah, I'm lost on why a scoop would look bad on an '86. The car is more similar to a Zenki than a Kouki. The average joe can't even tell the difference at first glance.

Actually, if I end up doing a kouki front end swap, I plan to integrate a scoop somehow. Either a Zenki scoop, a generic one, or I make one. I
    "Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car. Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you…"

-'68 Datsun 1600 Roadster
    Build Thread: http://community.ratsun.net/topic/21…-build-thread/
    -'85 300zx Turbo
    Build Thread:
    http://z31performance.com/showthread…)build-thread!

• I like the scoop on my AE. Just something about it looks good in my eyes.

2001 Mazda Miata LS
    also a 1989 Nissan 240SX

50th AE Build Thread SOLD 2015

• ae it works in my opinion as the rear arches are "bolt on"

the 86 has widened rear arches with sheet metal does it not?

personally I don't like the pre/86 cars

id rather have a 240/260z or an s30

• slammedcoupe;342060 wrote: ae it works in my opinion as the rear arches are "bolt on"

the 86 has widened rear arches with sheet metal does it not?

personally I don't like the pre/86 cars

id rather have a 240/260z or an s30
    They are, but the rear of the 86 is shaped exactly the same as the AE. There just isn't a seam there for the attached flares. Front fenders are exactly the same.
    Prius… because Pretentious wouldn't fit across the back of the car…

Cheap, Fast, Reliable - pick any two

My 1986 Turbo Build

• The 200zr-II scoop on the kouki looks good because it matches the body style, as the 84 turbo scoop on zenki/chuki matches the angularity

• jaqattack02;342067 wrote: They are, but the rear of the 86 is shaped exactly the same as the AE. There just isn't a seam there for the attached flares. Front fenders are exactly the same.
    while they may be the "same" to you, they are definatly not the same to me.

if the AE flares were molded that may be a different story, but they totally change the look of the car from the formed metal widebody of the 86.

anyways that's just my opinion, im quite partial to the clean/sleek look that the 86 has compared to the previous years.

it doesn't really matter much anyways, im planning a kouki front swap to tie into my build

• 86+ flares are the best of all. AE fender flares just look like aftermarket tacked on pieces.

And +1 on what GE said.

• 86na - BlueZ
    Shiro #366 - Kouki Monster
    85t - Mr Tickles

• Someone at Speedhunters must have a z31 fetish lol

1988 300zxt. gt35, stance, etc. Wheels: Varrstoen ES2 18x9.5 et-13 225/40. 18x10.5 et0 245/40
    1990 jetta vr6'd

• DeleriousZ;346669 wrote: Someone at Speedhunters must have a z31 fetish lol
    Thats a good thing