Z31/S130 Badge progress thread

Hell yeah man. That is awesome. How easy are they to paint? Are you offering them as blanks or as painted? Can you also do a rubber gasket backing with a stud for mounting?

3d printer guys use a acetone vapor bath to help smooth and polish plastic parts that are printed,
    i'm sure the same would apply to acrylic, making it more transparent.

http://blog.reprap.org/2013/02/vapor…-rp-parts.html

84 AE/Shiro #683/Shiro #820/84 Turbo

Originally posted by z car go
    Hell yeah man. That is awesome. How easy are they to paint? Are you offering them as blanks or as painted? Can you also do a rubber gasket backing with a stud for mounting?
    The original (OEM) badge does come with a gasket (rubber) .. for mounting there are 2 - studs (as opposed to the 1-bolt/stud for the z31 badge) and 3M tape.

The dimensions I provided were w/o the gasket.
    '84Z31 GLL turbo|theZenthusiast site: http://www.thezenthusiast.com |

Originally posted by maronee
    PS - by the way your Z31's famous here in japan, dude!!

Ready to buy one : ) how much?

I'm ready to buy three!

I'm in
    TAZ31 = That's A Z31

CURRENT Z's
    1984 300ZX AE (Project)
    1987 300ZX Turbo GL (5/87 - Black) (TAZ31)
    2004 350Z Silverstone Enthusiast (Daily)
    2001 Ford F150 Lightning (Domestic Mistress)

These will be available soon. I don't want to threadjack, so please see my emblem/badge thread here: http://z31performance.com/showthread…052#post350052

I'm still ironing out the settings. I'll post in that thread once they are ready to go. These will be blanks only, so painting and mounting is up to the buyers.

Acrylic is easy to paint on, but some of these details (the stars) are pretty small so you'll need a good set of fine tipped brushes and a steady hand. For mounting, I would suggest just making life easy and using 3M double sided tape.
    Justin
    1986 NA 2-seater
    SCCA Solo E-Street Prepared #31
    Race Videos
    Build Thread

The tape will hold these quite well!
    Originally posted by adamvann3
    Hmm I normally jack off my rear x-member.

I'm in to buy! Don't worry about thread jacking, I think enough time has passed since we last heard from the OP. I think this falls under eminent domain or something…lol. How long will the badges hold up? I'm just thinking about extreme temperature differences and freeze/thaw cycles we have up here. I see in your other thread you say the temp range is 32-170. I don't drive the Z in winter, but it will still be subject to extremely cold temps during storage. Very common to get well below zero. I suppose I could simply take it off every time I store it (I will be using 3M tape).

Originally posted by nater86zx
    I'm in to buy! Don't worry about thread jacking, I think enough time has passed since we last heard from the OP. I think this falls under eminent domain or something…lol. How long will the badges hold up? I'm just thinking about extreme temperature differences and freeze/thaw cycles we have up here. I see in your other thread you say the temp range is 32-170. I don't drive the Z in winter, but it will still be subject to extremely cold temps during storage. Very common to get well below zero. I suppose I could simply take it off every time I store it (I will be using 3M tape).
    Hi, I spoke with the supplier of the material and he told me that below the lower temperature, the material isn't rated for impact strength. So it shouldn't be a problem so long as you don't crash into anything or drop hammers on your car in the winter

Although it is UV-resistant, I would definitely recommend painting it (for looks and for protection against direct sunlight).
    Justin
    1986 NA 2-seater
    Race Videos
    Build Thread

Ok, thanks. Count me in to purchase one.

'84Z31 GLL turbo|theZenthusiast site: http://www.thezenthusiast.com |

Originally posted by maronee
    PS - by the way your Z31's famous here in japan, dude!!

Got there already? How do you like them??
    Justin
    1986 NA 2-seater
    Race Videos
    Build Thread