85 Turbo rear spoiler / lip peeling and cracked

• 85 Turbo rear spoiler / lip peeling and cracked

Hi,

I have an 85 turbo and the rear spoiler on the hatch has been peeling its paint and has now gotten really bad. Its made of a type of foam and Ive read that over time water can get into it and rust the metal frame inside, causing the foam to crack and the paint to peel. Mine has cracked pretty bad and I dont think it can be saved. My question is does anyone know where I can get a replacement, or know of any substitutions that look relatively similar?
    Ive been searching all over the web and cant find any, especially in black. Junk yard searching hasnt been much help since I havent even been able to find any 84-85 turbos at all. I like the look of having the rear lip and dont want to just remove it.

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

You may try

300zxpartsforyou.com

The rear spoiler was "black" as issued by Nissan (at least for the USA market)
    '84Z31 GLL turbo|theZenthusiast site: http://www.thezenthusiast.com |

Originally posted by maronee
    PS - by the way your Z31's famous here in japan, dude!!

Thanks, Ive been checking there but all the ones they had have been sold.

Check the for sale section occasionally. Spoilers come up sometimes. Look for people who are parting out their cars. Theres someone in so cal who is selling a zenki spoiler for $100 on craigslist, idk where you are located but just look around for part outs.

I've got one from an '86 that has the slot for the 3rd brake light for sale. You could always install the 3rd brake light too.

2001 Mazda Miata LS
    also a 1989 Nissan 240SX

50th AE Build Thread SOLD 2015

An 87-89 wing should fit just fine. I actually have an 87 hatch at home that someone put an 84-85 wing on.
    Prius… because Pretentious wouldn't fit across the back of the car…

Cheap, Fast, Reliable - pick any two

My 1986 Turbo Build