Smoothed Stock Plenum

Y'know, I always complain about shipping to Canada. We've actually got it pretty good compared to you aus/kiwi dudes…

1988 300zxt. gt35, stance, etc. Wheels: Varrstoen ES2 18x9.5 et-13 225/40. 18x10.5 et0 245/40
    1990 jetta vr6'd

DeleriousZ;342303 wrote: Y'know, I always complain about shipping to Canada. We've actually got it pretty good compared to you aus/kiwi dudes…
    but lawd knows you still 'gon complain aboot it.

It's pretty annoying, considering the item itself was only $20

The smooth Plenums are looking so good !

DeleriousZ;342303 wrote: Y'know, I always complain about shipping to Canada. We've actually got it pretty good compared to you aus/kiwi dudes…
    you know what DZ, i have found everybody who has shipped me parts from Z31P to be totally awesome about it. I have had stufft from Z31P arrive faster than local stuff.

Being a Kiwi also hardened me up to building parts of my own.
    85 Turbo Slick Top
    __________________________________________________ _____

being a cheap ass hardened me up to fabbing most of the stuff i need..

i dont know if thats good or bad lol

slammedcoupe;342350 wrote: being a cheap ass hardened me up to fabbing most of the stuff i need..

i dont know if thats good or bad lol
    Its called Datsun owner syndrome. Nothing to be concerned about.
    "Its the s12's sexy over weight step daughter, the z31"

nismopu;342367 wrote: Its called Datsun owner syndrome. Nothing to be concerned about.
    oh ok nothing to worry about then....

is there some weekly meeting I need to attend now ?

lol

This should do for now, have about 4 hours into it at this point. Only gone as far as an 80 grit flapper wheel as its going to get painted alloy/flat silver anyway and i don't care for polished parts.

At this stage I'm going to keep it cosmetic and be happy until i get some other stuff done.

Anybody can do this job with a grinder, files , hacksaw and sandpaper. And it looks so much better than a stock plenum.
    85 Turbo Slick Top
    __________________________________________________ _____

This might be a dumb question… but are the plenums all the same between all the years/models?
    Justin
    1986 NA 2-seater
    SCCA Solo E-Street Prepared #31
    Race Videos
    Build Thread

with the exception of a vacuum fitting near the back being different between auto and manual transmissions- i think they're more or less identical.