Help with 86 spoiler

• Help with 86 spoiler

I've got a 87 model and while at a salvage yard I found a 86 with a perfectly good spoiler. I removed the spoiler along with the third brake light and the rear wiper arm. I like the way the 86 wiper arm looks and would like to use the spoiler on the car. The problem is how to fill in the space for the third brake light. I thought about using the brake light for the spoiler but I really like the high mounted light on the 87 and want to stick with that.

It looks like the spoiler is made of abs plastic and I'm wondering if it would be possible to attach some type of support inside the opening and the use fiberglass to fill in the opening. Will fiberglass even adhere to the plastic or would it be better to cut some abs plastic and use a strong cement and use a filler to smooth out. I hate to sound dumb but I've never tried fabricating something like this and i'm hoping someone here may have done something like this before.

I'd say make a filler piece, and epoxy it in, then fill/smooth in and paint. fiberglass will likely not want to stay/hold shape to it.
    Damn dirty angels....these cars!

Current Daily Driver - 86 Turbo.
    Under the cover - THE BANANA… that needs to be re-energized.
    sigpic

I've seen them filled in before but I didn't get a description of how it was done

1988 300ZX Turbo, Shiro Special #760
    1988 300ZX Turbo Automatic (wife's car)
    1991 Hard-body 2WD

http://zccw.org/zccw/?page_id=1215

Or you can integrate another light into it.

I picked up the same spoiler for my 88 due to the looks and eventually will add a light that glows 300zx or Nissan in it. In the meantime, I left it till I can get to it and it doesn't look intrusive at all.

1988 Nissan 300zx (Improving it one day at a time)