New headlight switch going bad?

• New headlight switch going bad?

I installed a brand new headlight switch back in the beginning of the year. Now in the past month it has acted up twice, like the switch is going bad. Anyone have experience with this happening? Could just be a weird fluke and it's not going to happen again. If it was something I might could catch early and remedy I would like to. I am not ok with hunting down and buying a new switch every 6 months.
    私♥フェアレディ・ゼット
    ・1984 300zx N/A

Check for a bad ground(s) in the headlight circuit; sounds like excessive current draw could be causing excessive arcing across the headlamp switch contacts. I had to pull my relatively new switch out and refurbish the contacts as it too was acting up, although I never did explore as to why....

Ok, could explain why mine's acting the way it is. Noticed last night that I could force the left side to blink if I cycled from low to high beams a couple of times. Wonder if the sleepy eye mod could be causing issues because I've only noticed it doing that when going from high to low.
    私♥フェアレディ・ゼット
    ・1984 300zx N/A

Raven;344208 wrote: Ok, could explain why mine's acting the way it is. Noticed last night that I could force the left side to blink if I cycled from low to high beams a couple of times. Wonder if the sleepy eye mod could be causing issues because I've only noticed it doing that when going from high to low.
    My headlight doors would alternately open and close repeatedly and this too was attributed to the switch contacts.

Greg