Lower Door Weatherstripping?

• Lower Door Weatherstripping?

My 86' Z's right door is leaking water and its getting in my ecu. Does anyone know where I can get lower door weatherstripping for a 86 2+2. Preferably new.
    Would this one work even though its labeled 84-85 only? http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PR…c03c02/34-1325
    Proud Owner of an 86' 2+2

XXR 526 17x9 Wheels

Nevermind, I think I found some, just waiting for them to come in the mail and hope they sent the right ones. Still curious as to why 84-85 weatherstrip is different from 86 though.

XXR 526 17x9 Wheels

Thanks, but sadly It looks like i'm going to have to sell/trade the car : ( They cancelled all of my orders for the weatherstripping saying that they can't get it anymore and my starter just crapped out on me, every time I turn something else breaks and I can't afford to keep fixing it. Really gonna miss it.

XXR 526 17x9 Wheels

The starter is ridiculously easy to replace, why not keep the car. Just find a car in the junk yard and see if the space around the door is wet. If not pull the seal and look it over, if it's good buy it.
    1986 300ZX factory Turbo 2+2 5 speed swap. 1985 Toyota MR2. Floor boards gone. Good fabrication practice.

Oh and my 2+2 was leaking in the same place. I used some tar like weatherstripping goop that comes in a big roll like tape. Just pull off the weatherstrip and put some of this goop around the seam on the metal. Especially in the corners, mine were dry and so the window didn't make a proper seal to the strip so I stuffed the goop behind the corner and it pushed it out enough to make a seal. No more wet carpets for me.
    1986 300ZX factory Turbo 2+2 5 speed swap. 1985 Toyota MR2. Floor boards gone. Good fabrication practice.

I went to AutoZone and got a tube of Black RTV sealant, which means Room Temperature Vulcanization - AKA liquid rubber, in ultra black.

I taped off all of my door and t-roof weather seals, cleaned the weather stripping, got on some rubber gloves, and smeared/painted the RTV onto the entire seal, filling in all the slits, tears, imperfections, and everywhere, paying particular attention to anywhere that had leaks. Been 2+ years and all my all my leaks went away and stayed away on my 85T. Cost like 8 bucks.

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/web…ontent=7160069
    Restore it, Don't crush it. They don't make them like this anymore.

Scott
    85 Turbo, original owner, restored
    93 NA Babied

Thanks for the advice, I just had my starter and battery replaced, and used some of that rtv sealant. Its doing good for now. Just need to replace my water-damaged ecu now. I suppose i'll try keeping it since I put so much money into it. Its just hard because its my daily driver. I'd normally just get a beater to drive and garage the Z, but I only have space for one car. Btw, which Z do you like better? I've also contemplated getting a Z32 na. Was a nice pearl white one I saw at a used car dealer.

Just need to fix driver door jamb seal now…

XXR 526 17x9 Wheels

Z32 would probably put you out a lot more than the z31.

Hard to say which one I like best. If I had to get rid of one of them, it would probably be the Z32 I would sell. But the Z32 has been the most reliable problem few car I have ever owned.

With the Z31, from 1985 to 2005, I spent 20K to buy the car and then another 20k on maintenance. And another 20K on rot/rust body work. over 300K miles

From 1996 til today, on my 93Z which is now 21.5 years old, I have put in 1 clutch, 1 alternator, 5 sets of front brakes with rotors, 1 set of rear brakes, 3 batteries, numerous tires, and nothing else. And this is with 165K miles on it.

But I believe I just got lucky and got a good one.
    Restore it, Don't crush it. They don't make them like this anymore.

Scott
    85 Turbo, original owner, restored
    93 NA Babied