El Z31?

• El Z31?

been wanting to do this for a while....I have been waiting till I got my hands on the right "candidate". the 85 t has some rust, so she was volun-told what she'll be doing.
    basically I want to convert to truck style like the 240 guys do. I don't want to do it bc of them, I just think itd be cool.

rear glass from a 720, not sure on tailgate yet if I wanna have one or not. also roll pan and hopefully I can figure out a way to put m30 hood, fenders, and front end on it too. this will be a shit ton of work, but winters comin up. Attached files

Actually I made lots of drawings once upon a time where I explored the various design options of replacing/removing the bumper, and then finishing the face from there… no reason to swap an m30 hood in

Best thing I could suggest is to so something more like the 60's camaro front, thin bezel around everything with a black grill to hide the messy bits, maybe relocate the headlights, possibly use sealed lens on the new front like most small pickups

hmmm…so something like Avanti style

Attached files

Not so fugly, but similar idea, finish the front where it is, constrain all your work forward of the fenders/hood

Kinda like this

ElcaZino lol.

JK.

I think its a neat concept. I personally wouldnt ever try it, but I look forward to the results you get.

Project Black Betty

The M30 is a 4 door and the front fenders probably will be too short to reach the doors. I would leave the nose like it is since it is already perfect. lol
    Restore it, Don't crush it. They don't make them like this anymore.

Scott
    85 Turbo, original owner, restored
    93 NA Babied

FlyingT;n764592 wrote: The M30 is a 4 door and the front fenders probably will be too short to reach the doors. I would leave the nose like it is since it is already perfect. lol
    The M30 is a 2 door coupe. F31 chassis. It shares a lot with R31 coupes and Z31s both.

Most notably shared with the Z31 is the VG30E. There was never a 4 door M30. Ever.
    - VG30DET (HE341) 86 300ZX - 1982 280ZX Turbo - Headered NA 1986 300ZX 2+2 - 2000 Xterra -

My mistake. I always thought the M30 was a 4 door.
    Restore it, Don't crush it. They don't make them like this anymore.

Scott
    85 Turbo, original owner, restored
    93 NA Babied

michaelp;n764708 wrote: It shares a lot with R31 coupes and Z31s both.
    Just for shits 'n' giggles I should try and grab a R31 front end and see if it can swap onto a Z31. I know some things would require some modification but I'm now kind of curious to see if it's possible (yes I know anything is possible with enough time and money but trying to keep it realistic). And R31's (four door) are cheap over here so there wouldn't be much of a outlay for it.
    Originally posted by TearingRaven
    Honestly, if you have to ask this question and common sense does not kick in immediately, you need to be riding the bus. Preferably while wearing a helmet.