Window trim

• Window trim

So I've read conflicting information on the N/A window trim before and thought I should just ask ,since no amount of searching brings anything up anymore, is the window trim chrome or polished stainless? A previous owner had a bad paint job done and they hit the trim with a buffer or sander in a few places it looks like. I've tested using plastidip on the trim with great results. However if the trim is made of stainless that I can re-polish I would prefer to do that. Sorry if this has been covered before but search turned up nothing and I can't remember where I read about the trim before. Since I'm about to pull the windows out for a proper paintjob I thought it would be the best time to do something about the trim.
    私♥フェアレディ・ゼット
    ・1984 300zx N/A

It is stainless steel.
    Make sure and grab a bag of trim clips as well, you'll break a few on the removal.

84 AE/Shiro #683/Shiro #820/84 Turbo

Why not get it powder coated? Much more durable than paint. I think the trim looks much better black
    Restore it, Don't crush it. They don't make them like this anymore.

Scott
    85 Turbo, original owner, restored
    93 NA Babied

Thanks Z_Karma. Any advice on those clips? The ones I see on Courtesy Parts show as unavailable. Does all the window trim use the same clips or are they going to be specific depending on the area.
    私♥フェアレディ・ゼット
    ・1984 300zx N/A

FlyingT, I considered it but I honestly couldn't make up my mind on what I wanted. Since the plastidip I tested on one of the quarter trim pieces has been holding up great in all weather I figure that I can just re-polish the trim and then should I decide to go black I can always plastidip it again.
    私♥フェアレディ・ゼット
    ・1984 300zx N/A

Kevin (88hybrid) used black vinyl on his NA trim.

1988 300ZX Turbo, Shiro Special #760
    1988 300ZX Turbo Automatic (wife's car)
    1991 Hard-body 2WD

http://zccw.org/zccw/?page_id=1215

Thats not a bad idea actually…