Ignition switch

• Ignition switch

Just how hard is to swap this thing. How do you pull those headless bolts.
    Cha iro

enjoy building it yourself.
    if it fails, fuck it.
    at least you gave it a whirl.

I used an easy-out to back out the screws on one and just drilled the heads out on another.
    Putting a little penetrating lube in there should help them back out.
    They're not torqued in there incredibly tight but any thread corrosion can make it a pain in the ass.

I replaced them with some stainless socket head cap screws from ACE hardware, M8 i think is the thread, possibly M6

84 AE/Shiro #683/Shiro #820/84 Turbo

I drill a small eight inch deep hole in them and tap a square drive screw driver in and just turn them out.

1988 300ZX Turbo, Shiro Special #760
    1988 300ZX Turbo Automatic (wife's car)
    1991 Hard-body 2WD

http://zccw.org/zccw/?page_id=1215

I've yet to do one on a nissan.

I've done a few toyotas at work. Just used a die grinder with a cutoff wheel to cut slots in them and used a custom flat screw driver with a wrench attached to it for leverage.

The replacement bolts are break to torque. You just keep tightening them until the heads break off.
    Life's short
    Go fast
    Have a blast
    Leave a good looking corpse

I grabbed the steering column with switch attached and swapping the column is starting to appear more appealing than drilling out two ignition switches. Thanks guys.
    Cha iro

enjoy building it yourself.
    if it fails, fuck it.
    at least you gave it a whirl.

you just cut a notch so you can fit a flathead screwdriver in there. They aren't torqued very tight. There's a video/guide somewhere online I remember watching. I didn't swap mine out because I didn't feel like pulling the dash again to get to it.