StockInteriors Carpet Kit Questions

• StockInteriors Carpet Kit Questions

I'm at the point in my "build" where I need to buy a carpet kit. I have some questions though and even after extensive searching of the web I'm still not sure on some things and was hoping some people here could chime in. I have the blue interior so one would think you should order blue carpet. Well there are to many variants of "blue". Also, the original carpet is more of a silver blue. It seems like the headliner has the same color, albeit a bit darker. Rear cargo carpet is a horrible faded baby blue color. Carpet is pretty trashed from PO's not caring for the car at all. MY question is what is the consensus on which color blue carpet matches the original best.

I'm wanting to go with the mass back option but I'm worried if I choose to add aftermarket sound deadener that it will cause fitment issues with both sound deadener and mass backing. Has anyone done both and can provide some advice on that? Seems it varies between automakers on whether it causes issues or not.

Lastly, how large are the boxes that the carpet kits come in? I'm having to transport all my parts I order an hour away to were we are working on my car. All we have to transport the kit down there is my girlfriends 99 4-door Grand Am.

Thanks in advance for all the help guys. I'm hoping I can get all this figured out soon. I'm quickly going on 2 months without a car so I would like to be able to get a kit ordered so I can have it with me when I get to work on my car next.
    私♥フェアレディ・ゼット
    ・1984 300zx N/A

Stock interiors will send you free samples, I chose one that closely matched the carpet under the seats since it was the least faded. I dont remeber the number code. Iordered a shade darker anyway so it wasnt really an issue.

I also ordered mine with the added mass backing....It was pretty thick and I think it gave me a bit of a problem at the back corners where some of the carpet edgeing didnt quite fit back under the plastic moulding.......But its not a show car and it isnt really visible. And the new carpet is WAY nicer than the old stinky stuff that was in the car when I got it. Of course with my exhaust my car is pretty loud anyway, so I really dont know how much sound deadening its really doing.

The box is pretty large. might fit in your gf's car but if not.....take it out and stuff it in the back seat.....its preformed and you need to let it lie flat and relax before installation in a warm place.....so it wont make a difference, it comes rolled up anyway.
    Black 1985 na/coupe brought back from the dead.
    2000 frontier for work.
    2004 PT Cruiser for gettin' grocery's.

I was going to order the samples and try and match but the carpet is so messed up (looks like someone stored oil in the carpet under each seat) I honestly don't trust anywhere on the carpet to give me an OEM match. I may still have to do that in the end though.

So the mass backing really adds to the overall thickness I take it. Probably wouldn't be able to use both mass back and another sound deadener, at least not everywhere. My exhaust is loud as well and I'd much prefer as quiet of a ride as possible. Was the fit alright? I've read that some of the older carpet they had was to short on the measurements and didn't cover fully.

That's good to know. I found a picture someone had taken when their carpet arrived and it looked as if the box would fit but I was worried it could have just been the perspective of the photo. It needing to relax in warmth worries me a bit too with the weather being what it is but we'll make it work.
    私♥フェアレディ・ゼット
    ・1984 300zx N/A