Fuel Gauge, trip meter problems.

• Fuel Gauge, trip meter problems.

Hello, I have an Australian 1985 digital dash Z31, and the trip meter doesn't light up anymore, the fuel guage will always read under 4 liters. I believe the sensor is faulty, but I don't know if it's related to the trip meter at all.
    Basically i don't know if the two issues could be related, and it might not be the sensor.

Its probably the sensor. The dashes are known for failed solder joints causing dead sections and the fuel sending units are known to fail.
    5.3 LSx Z31

It's not a dead section, the test seems to work fine. But I guess what I'm asking is it the sensor causing the trip meter to go out as well?

The fuel sensor has nothing to do with the trip meter. Almost all US Z31s have had to replace the fuel sensor, both analog and digital. The replacements have a different, more robust design.

Even today, my US 85T gauge will go about 1 inch above full when I fill the tank to 1 inch below empty when I have around 1/2 a tank left. I know when it says empty I have about 1/2 a tank left. And if I want to push it, the 1/4 tank gauge and everything else (lights, bells, Betty) still works warning me when I was really getting low. In my case the way it works, it is a minor inconvenience. But it freaks passengers out when they look and see the needle way below empty. Not many cars have dual fuel gauges.

But I don't believe the digital dash has dual fuel gauges.
    Restore it, Don't crush it. They don't make them like this anymore.

Scott
    85 Turbo, original owner, restored
    93 NA Babied