T-top grommets....

• T-top grommets....

When I bought my Z, the 2 grommets that are attached to each of the bottoms of the T-Top Glass had fallen off. This is the part that the sun-shades screw into. I've tried Epoxy and Butyl to get them to stick back on but nothing seems to work. It may hold it for awhile but I'll come back to my car and it will have popped off. Anyone been able to fix this?

I used GOOP adhesive on mine about three years ago without problems. Available at Wal-Mart in the RV section. Good Luck.
    Everything is Meaningless.

I dont know what im doing wrong, but the GOOP didnt even work. I cleaned the glass and even sanded down the bottoms of the grommets a bit to give it something more to bite onto. It holds for awhile but the downward force from the sunshades pop them off after a little while

Goop should have done the trick. The original adhesive is a urethane adhesive
    and not silicone like Goop. But with any bond, the key is surface prep.
    You sanded the grommet which is good but some of the previous adhesives may
    have left some film or contamination that keeps any new adhesive from making a strong bond.
    Silicone based adhesives don't like to stick to any surface that has previously had silicone
    adhesive on it. I stay away from silicone sealants for this reason (except engine gaskets).

I'd try it again with 3M Window Weld urethane adhesive after cleaning both sides really well
    with acetone. Unfortunately Window Weld only comes in a caulking tube so it would
    be a good idea to find some other projects that you can use it for.

Also, i think Gorilla Glue is a urethane based adhesive but i can't vouch for it as I've not
    used it.

84 AE/Shiro #683/Shiro #820/84 Turbo

I used a glue called G02 that worked well on mine. You can find it at Wal-Mart. It's held for about a year now. As others have said, they surface needs to be completely clean and pressure on the adhesive helps.

As Z Karma mentioned, Gorilla Glue (Urethane base) holds very well, too.
    Everything is Meaningless.