Digi Dash Power Supply

• Digi Dash Power Supply

I have a 1987 Digital Dash. I want to buy a digital dash power supply off ebay - will any year power supply work?

No.
    Cha iro

enjoy building it yourself.
    if it fails, fuck it.
    at least you gave it a whirl.

It needs to be from an 87-89 car since the dash was significantly different for those years.

2001 Mazda Miata LS
    also a 1989 Nissan 240SX

50th AE Build Thread SOLD 2015

thanks. Another question. When converting from Digital to Analog, the instructions say you need the speed sensor and the fuel sending unit, so I would assume to convert analog to digital you need the digital speed sensor and fuel sending unit? But I see a lot of people say you need the entire engine harness and all of this other stuff.... Why would you only need those 2 sensors to go analog, but need a whole lot more to go digital?

Digital Gauge Cluster, Digital Dash Harness, Digital Power Supply, Digital Fuel Sending Unit, Digital Speed Sensor, Trim Pieces ---- What else am I missing to convert the dash to digital? I still want to attempt it. My Climate Control is already digital.

Here is a small sample of what you need

Direction sensor installed in the roof for the compass. Compass direction computer installed by spare tire in hatch. Digital fuel tank float. Different Speedo cable to go with the speed sensor. Different main body harness different instrument harness. Different radio sub harness. gll radio amplifier under the passenger seat. Different steering wheel. Different steering wheel plastic cover different backlighting behind the dash switches (green instead of orange). Steering wheel switch receiver.

Biggest pain was obviously replacing main body harness. Have to strip entire interior to get it out and put in new gll harness. Includes removing the brake pedal and dropping the steering column and brake pedal bracket to be able to remove the old harness

I'll also mention that in theory you would change the engine bay wiring harness as well to gain the digital speed sensor connector or use the fsm to splice one in to the correct connector
    And ground

Thanks guys. I know it is way over my head. I'm in school for automotive and we have an electrical portion of the class, I thought this would be a good way to learn a little while doing a mod I really want to do. I have help from others that are way more familiar with reading wiring diagrams and fixing these things. I am just gathering the parts mainly right now for when the time comes. Thanks for the forewarning. Like I said I wouldn't attempt this without the aid I have available to me.