Kenki butt

I have experimented with both red and smoked vinyls but, did not like them as much because the colors didn't match up well against the OE taillights. I haven't tryed the reflective red yet.

The EL panels would be cool but, don't look good in the day time and would add tremendously to the cost/ difficulty/ longevity. I should have the first few sets ready by the end of the week.

Honestly, these could be taken to whatever level each individual wanted for there vehicle.
    Everything is Meaningless.

Advertise here!

84 AE/Shiro #683/Shiro #820/84 Turbo

Great idea Z_Karma! The color pictured is charcoal metallic- the most popular color of all decals I have sold here on Z31P. This is the only mock-up I have done. I just slapped these on and didn't even remove the 300ZX decal underneath as I wanted to test them first. Tomorrow I will do a real test of the final product.

The bottom stripes measure 21 1/2" wide by 2 1/2" tall and are cut at a 42.5 degree angle, for those who would like to experiment or make their own. They are designed to be installed DIRECTLY flush with the lower taillight assembly. Once they have been placed on the car, take your fingers and gently press the vinyl adhesive down into the groove at the bottom of the taillight. This insures that there is no unwanted paint visibility. Once installed, the visible portion of the stripe is 2 1/4" wide. This set will come with the charcoal stripes, black pinstriping and a "300ZX" or "300ZX TURBO" decal in the color of your choice, to be placed in the stock position.

Perhaps a mod can help me find my "PulseCode's decal scans" thread. It seems to have been moved or disappeared from the networking section. Thank You.

Finally something to make a Kouki not look terrible from behind now shave the tits.
    DD:
    86 Black Turbo 5spd
    The Fallen:
    84 red n/a auto Slicktop, 86 Black 2+2 n/a 5spd
    Parting Currently:
    86 White Turbo 5spd, 88 n/a 5spd, 84 AE, 88 Shiro #64
    Garage Sale

Now available in the networking section.
    Attached Files
    • Kouki Tails 1.jpg (93.1 KB)
    • Kouki Tails 3.jpg (84.8 KB)
    • Kouki Tails 5.jpg (87.2 KB)

Love it! Big improvement on Kouki rear end. Great work, sir.

I would like to see that in red as well. I know you said you could not get it to match the tail light red, but just for sh!ts and giggles.... Maybe even a version that is red and amber to match the tails? Just a thought.

Thank You. A few Smoke and Red taillight vinyl pics. Many combinations are possible.
    Attached Files
    • Kenki tails 1.jpg (96.2 KB)
    • Kenki tails 2.jpg (96.6 KB)

Originally posted by PulseCode View Post
    Thank You. A few Smoke and Red taillight vinyl pics. Many combinations are possible.
    The smoked Red option looks the best.

1988 300ZX Turbo, Shiro Special #760
    1988 300ZX Turbo Automatic (wife's car)
    1991 Hard-body 2WD

http://zccw.org/zccw/?page_id=1215

That looks a lot better than the gray…

The people have spoken.... I will see what red options are available next time I go to buy sign vinyl.

The red/ smoked pics posted are translucent vinyls on top of metallic charcoal base. To offer these in red, and guarantee uniform results, they will need to be opaque as mentioned above.

Red completely transforms the rear of the Kouki to look much more like the Zenki Z31, S130 and S30 rear ends. Something Nissan should have done back in 1987. This might be the cheapest most dramatic cosmetic change in the Z31 I have seen yet.
    Restore it, Don't crush it. They don't make them like this anymore.

Scott
    85 Turbo, original owner, restored
    93 NA Babied

I became a member just so I could look at these vinyls. I like the look. Are they for sale in the smoked red yet?

I have not produced any to date in smoke red but, it seems there is enough interest that I will bring some options to the table…

This is the only color choice I have found which meets my standards.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/60-x24-3M-10…6e68ec&vxp=mtr

If you like the 3M red color (link above) I will be glad to make you a set.

Paypal is [email protected] Thank You for your interest.