Head unit install issues

• Head unit install issues

Ran into a problem installing my new head unit today. I picked up the wiring adapter and DIN adapter (metal bracket version) from Crutchfield. The head unit is a Pioneer DEH-X6700BT. The problem I'm having issues with is that none of the side mounting holes on the Pioneer line up with the factory bracket. I've tried multiple ways of putting everything together and nothing is working. I could understand if the holes were slightly off but they are not even close.

Any thoughts?
    私♥フェアレディ・ゼット
    ・1984 300zx N/A

Go to your hardware store or Home Improvement and ask for plumbers hangar tape

It's great for making brackets and extending mounting points.

You may have to create new holes in the factory bracket as well.

84 AE/Shiro #683/Shiro #820/84 Turbo

That's what I was thinking. I had the idea that I could always use the hanger tape and connect it to the climate control mounting screws. Problem with drilling into the factory bracket is that there isn't enough material to work with where the mounting holes are. I've heard some older Japanese cars had a secondary bracket that bolted to the main center console frame and wanted to make sure I wasn't missing any parts.

I think I'll try the plumbing hanger method and strap it to the climate control and radio section and see how it works out.
    私♥フェアレディ・ゼット
    ・1984 300zx N/A